Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brian Haworth

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Though not the London store, I've been rather frustrated with Apple Store employees here in Santa Rosa, CA.
When I called about Shuffles last week, they said I should come in on Friday. Came in on Friday, no Shuffles. Guy said to come by on Saturday. Came in Saturday, no Shuffles. Guy said to come in on Sunday. Came in on Sunday, was informed that not only were there no Shuffles, but they never get shipments of anything on Sundays. Called my friend the Apple rep at CompUSA and had him remember to email me when they get them in next week.

rwoods

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2005
iPod Shuffle availability

Just to let anyone know who is interested all KRCS AppleCentres will have limited no's of Shuffle 512MB in stock today (Nottingham, Leeds, Leicester and Birmingham). Slightly blatant this as I do work for KRCS but it may save you some time phoning around.

MemphisSoulStew

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
UK
XIII said:
I got a 512MB shuffle from the London Store last saturday, they had tonnes in stock.
They had none left on Tuesday when I went to the .Mac presentation, although there were a couple of Shuffle Docks behind the tills, and a Mini to pick up and coo over. They promised to have all the new stuff in on Saturday, so I'll be back to get a couple of Shuffles and a copy of iWork.

I got me a free T-shirt though.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
XIII said:
I got a 512MB shuffle from the London Store last saturday, they had tonnes in stock.

Yep, those were sold out by sunday, because I went to buy one and they were finished.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be there for opening time *just* to make 100% sure I get one. I need a 1 gig now I think,, :/

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
I may pop along, just for fun... :)

How did you get the free t shirt, guy that posted that...! :p

I want one.... :(

Applespider

macrumors G4
The free t-shirts were .mac ones for the first 200 people going to the presentation last Tuesday. I have one too :)

The scary thought now is that with 2 out of 2 free T-shirts from the Regent Store (it was the 10% off the hard drive I went for!), I'll feel bizarrely obliged to be there to collect any others! :rolleyes:

toonlass

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2005
NO IPOD SHUFFLES IN LONDON THIS SATURDAY 29TH

Am gutted - been looking forward to trip to london this saturday, early start to be at regent street store for opening to get hands on shuffle.

All week i've been phoning to check they were arrivng Saturday and they were. Then 2nite - they're not. Now its MONDAY! when most of us are at work - NOT in London.....crap..looks like will have to wait or risk online ordering and expect long delays...

Just though would let you guys know
:(

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
toonlass said:
Am gutted - been looking forward to trip to london this saturday, early start to be at regent street store for opening to get hands on shuffle.

All week i've been phoning to check they were arrivng Saturday and they were. Then 2nite - they're not. Now its MONDAY! when most of us are at work - NOT in London.....crap..looks like will have to wait or risk online ordering and expect long delays...

Just though would let you guys know

oh ffs! What is with the wait?!, this is the only store in England! It is not exactly hard getting a huge shipment over.
I was planning on making a visit this saturday and cancelling my online order but they now have no shuffles i dunno if i will, might pick up a few accessories...if they have some in store.

MemphisSoulStew

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
UK
I was just about to post that I'd called the store to make sure Shuffles would be in and was told they were late, but I was beaten to it. Everything else will be there - iWork, iLife, Minis - but no Shuffles.

And like Applespider said it's a .mac t-shirt given to the first 200 people at the presentation on Tuesday. The theatre was full an hour before the presentation and a queue was started to the left of the seats. It went from there to the bannister around the stairway heading to the front of the store, followed the bannister around its 3 sides then went down the stairs and snaked around the store. There were far more than 200 people there, but I was right near the front of the queue :D

I'm working a night shift on Sunday night into Monday morning, so I'll get home, shower and have some breakfast then get the first tube after 9:30 - I should get to the store by 10:15. If they're sold out that early I'll be very unhappy! I need one to give to my sister for her birthday on Tuesday.

toonlass

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2005
just wondering....

Anyone think that although they say not expecting 1GB or 512MB until monday, there might be a 'surprise' delivery tomorrow? Have heard this happen before... maybe they throwing us off scent.

Whats availability like in USA? know someone going over to Vegas in few weeks.

Or you think should order online too just in case?
:confused:

Applespider

macrumors G4
Order it online - if you get hold of it another way before that, you can cancel it. But at least you're in the line!

On the bright side, I guess it means I can have a long lie tomorrow. It will be easier taking my PB in to the Geniuses on Monday night after work and hopefully pick one up then.

Brian Haworth

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
So last week, a woman at my Apple Store took down my name, my phone number, and the model of Shuffle I wanted. I told her I'd take either. She said they would call me when they got Shuffles.
It's been a week, and I haven't heard anything, so I called again to verify that I was still going to be called when they came in, and the guy told me that since the woman had put me down for a 512MB model, I wasn't informed when all the 1GB ones came in. :mad:
So now hopefully I'll get one soon.

toonlass

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2005
Disappointment....

Well trip up to Apple store in London this morning did prove that they had no ipod shuffles :( This kinda took away from appreciating the store itself....

Spoke to an apple guy who said shuffles have been held up on a ship. May be Monday but not even that for sure. Mondays no good anyway because i'll be at work. In kent. He said he felt bad as had been telling everyone Saturday......

Yet they still had some on display (guessing 512mb) just to tease & tantalise....

So have now got 2 orders in through Apple stores & John Lewis & am being v.tempted by eBay......

MemphisSoulStew

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
UK
I was in the West End so popped in as well, just in case... I did get a copy of iWork though.

I wandered along to Tottenham Court Road to have a look in Micro Anvika, and they had received a few but sold out quickly. As I was walking up TCR, looking in the windows of all the electrical shops, what should I see but FOUR Shuffles in a window display. Went in, spoke to an assistant who directed me to the iPod counter. The conversation went something like this:

"Hello, I'm interested in iPod Shuffles," I said.
"Next month - we haven't got any," said a geezer behind the counter.
"Well, you've got 4 in the window."
"No, we haven't got any, they'll be in next month."
"What about the 4 in the window, can't I buy one of them."
<getting agressive now> "You must have seen them in the shop next door, because we haven't got any."
<getting sarcastic now>"Shall I show you where they are?"

Another assistant followed me to the front of the shop where I pointed out the 4 in the window. He asked someone nearby and then told me they were £79.99 (yes, £10.99 more than Apple's retail price...)

He also explained that because the Shuffles were on the other side of the shop (in the same shop, just on the other side :confused: ) he didn't know anything about them.

Much as I wanted one - in fact I want two, one for me and one for my sister for her birthday on Tuesday - I wasn't about to pay an extra £10.99 each to a shop with such useless, arrogant sales assistants.

So back to the Apple Store on Monday...

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
MemphisSoulStew said:
I was in the West End so popped in as well, just in case... I did get a copy of iWork though.

I wandered along to Tottenham Court Road to have a look in Micro Anvika, and they had received a few but sold out quickly. As I was walking up TCR, looking in the windows of all the electrical shops, what should I see but FOUR Shuffles in a window display. Went in, spoke to an assistant who directed me to the iPod counter. The conversation went something like this:

"Hello, I'm interested in iPod Shuffles," I said.
"Next month - we haven't got any," said a geezer behind the counter.
"Well, you've got 4 in the window."
"No, we haven't got any, they'll be in next month."
"What about the 4 in the window, can't I buy one of them."
<getting agressive now> "You must have seen them in the shop next door, because we haven't got any."
<getting sarcastic now>"Shall I show you where they are?"

Another assistant followed me to the front of the shop where I pointed out the 4 in the window. He asked someone nearby and then told me they were £79.99 (yes, £10.99 more than Apple's retail price...)

He also explained that because the Shuffles were on the other side of the shop (in the same shop, just on the other side :confused: ) he didn't know anything about them.

Much as I wanted one - in fact I want two, one for me and one for my sister for her birthday on Tuesday - I wasn't about to pay an extra £10.99 each to a shop with such useless, arrogant sales assistants.

So back to the Apple Store on Monday...

Heh, shopping at TCR is a pain. In fact, I haven't been there since the Apple store opened. :) Anvika generally has generally good sales assistants, but most of the other shops on that street just try to push the higher priced items.

Ah, how I luuurve the Apple Store :D ;)

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
Yeh i went down to the store today on the off chance that they may have a few Shuffles but was just told that they are in on monday. Oh i do love the store (apart from the lack of Shuffles :p) and had a play with everything apart from the imacs for obvious reasons.
I bought iwork and ilife 05 that are both great, ilife 05 is much quicker (especially iphoto...but idvd still seems laggy). Pages is great!!I love the fluid text/picture interface and it is so incredibly easy to use and make kewl presentations with the templates (hopefully updates will give us more though).
The advertising around the store has now changed, i mean a few Shuffle's ad's around and ilife e.t.c...
but what is going on with the Mini?! No advertising a lil stand that they reside in, most people thought the Mini was some kind of external hardrive or something but not a computer. There are no posters or clear info about it, it seems so bizarre. They also had hundreds behind the counters.
But oh dear, i have fallen in love with the Powerbooks. Both the 12 and 15"ers. I haven't been able to use them yet properly or have any real experience, but they are seriously gorgeous. I am going to get one (keeping imac of course) for uni this october so i have the best of both worlds. The 1.5ghz seemed more than enough, at not much slower than my imac.
I mean guys, do we really want a ultra-hot/low battery life/thicker/heavier Powerbook just for a G5? I say the Powerbook is more than fast enough for most and a G5 really ain't worth it.
gotta say it again:I would seriously recommend both ilife and iwork, iphoto is sooo much quicker!! No more waiting for photos to be displayed, it is instantly. imovie is great but no use of hd editing....for a while! Idvd is still a bit slow, but quicker.

rob_ppmax

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2004
ipod shuffle

i got one 512 today for my sister from a shop near brighton.
maybe u should find a less visited retailer for stock?
apparently some pc-worlds have them too.

IanC

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2005
Essex
Me and my dad went to the Apple Store today, they said something about a strike effecting deliveries?

The mini was selling well though :) Apprently they barely put more behind the tills before they are all gone.

(queuing is awful in the Apple Store though, 30 mins queuing and all i was buying was a world travel adaptor kit)

[ timko ]

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
IanC said:
The mini was selling well though :) Apprently they barely put more behind the tills before they are all gone.

Don't suppose you happen to know if stores such as the one in Regent Street offer anything other than the basic 1.25 and 1.42 units? I'd love to be able to pickup one with BT and Airport ready to go but if the stores don't offer those then I guess I'll have to resort to Apple Online and their long waiting times :(

toonlass

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2005
Owner of 1GB shuffle :)

well after a disappointing trip to Regent Street yesterday, i phoned last nite to check they were still expecting shuffles on monday. Typically they had had a 'surprise' delivery of 1GB shuffles Saturday afternoon. Which i missed by couple of hours. So back up to London i went today - they were selling fast though they still had some a couple hours after opening. Only accessory was dock, no sign of sports case i was after.

So now its busy charging - looking absolutley gorgeous. :)

L

littlejim

[ timko ] said:
Don't suppose you happen to know if stores such as the one in Regent Street offer anything other than the basic 1.25 and 1.42 units? I'd love to be able to pickup one with BT and Airport ready to go but if the stores don't offer those then I guess I'll have to resort to Apple Online and their long waiting times :(
I was Apple Store Regent Street today (Sunday) and picked up a 1Gb Shuffle and a 1.42 Mini from stock (although it looked like shuffles were all but out of stock by 4.00pm ... there were still quite a few mini's at the tills).

I asked the guy on the till about picking up one with a SuperDrive and he said I had to order online to get any sort of customization.

Enjoy when you get them : they are fantastic pieces of kit.

IanC

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2005
Essex
toonlass said:
Typically they had had a 'surprise' delivery of 1GB shuffles Saturday afternoon.
bah, i was early by several hours :(

Im not even sure why i want i shuffle tbh :p I just want one.....

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
They had no shuffles at 1:15 today. Still Waiting! I had to settle for iWork and iLife05.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.