Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manikstor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
hey, i was just curious.

i was about to purchase the update when i realised the update itunes show's me its 2.1? why i cant purchase 2.2

i even try to go on apple.com http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html

click on that update 2.2 software, load up itunes but then itunes shows me, update your ipod to the latest software 2.1 for 9.99$... What the flipp.. i thought 2.2 was the latest.

i dont even think 2.1 is jailbreak able is it?

idk if this might be true but i was thinking maybe i can pay 10 dollars update 2.1 and then the update to 2.2 would be free? correct?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
click on that update 2.2 software, load up itunes but then itunes shows me, update your ipod to the latest software 2.1 for 9.99$... What the flipp.. i thought 2.2 was the latest.

i dont even think 2.1 is jailbreak able is it?

idk if this might be true but i was thinking maybe i can pay 10 dollars update 2.1 and then the update to 2.2 would be free? correct?

Huh. Well, most likely they forgot to update the message in iTunes. But even if you do end up with 2.1, it's both:
(1) Jailbreakable
(2) Update from 2.1 to 2.2 is free

Manikstor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
i guess so, i dont know everytime i click on, on itunes it says 2.1 not 2.2 so im probably gonna end up getting 2.1, which you said it jailbreakable.

but okay, thanks a lot Night Spring!

anilbabu.singu

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
Ipod touch 1.1.5 4B1

Hi,

I have got the same situation to JailBreak the ipod touch 1.1.5 4B1, which I have got it in Apr2008. I have not used it much as I was not aware of utilisation techniques.

I would like to upgrade to new firmware to install the applicatiopns which I like. Could you please help me.

I tried to jailbreak using Snobreez with ios4.3, but it was not possible as it was giving DFU mode was not detected.

Not sure how and what to do specific to my Device. Could any one help me on this with instructions and with the suitable firmware/tool download links.

thanks
Anil Babu Singu

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.