Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipodguy98

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2011
Slide to unlock iPod touch 4th gen

I would lIke to know how to make my 4th gen iPod touch not automatically go to the slide to unlock thing if I don't touch the screen for like 5 seconds please help

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
How do you add tabs to your window on your iTouch 4? I hate the "switch window" feature, I like to have everything all in one tab, even if it makes it look ugly. I just upgraded to iOS 5 by the way.

Doug6388

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
iPod Touch Tips & Features Thread in PDF format

iPod Touch Tips & Features Thread in PDF format

Attachments

• iPod Touch tips and features.pdf
    66.4 KB · Views: 843

aminul

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
iPod touch, tips about iPod and also its feature is very expectation for every iPod user and also for those who wants to buy a new iPod. So, it will be very helpful for every user. It can be help in many way to learning iPod apps and other thing which is iPod related.

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
I've looked around and got nowhere so - is there a way to disable the camera shutter noise on the 5th gen touch besides editing the audio files?

mitchele

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2016
great thread! especially since i have an iPod touch question this morning anyway. so a while back (i think 4g) Apple added the following feature to iPods - unplugging the headphones would pause the music. is this still the case with the touch?
if so, that would be pretty sweet and help make up for the lack of physical buttons. you can always just unplug the jack if you need to pause quickly without fumbling in a pocket, looking down at the screen to unlock, and finally pause.

i got a new i pod touch from market its touch is very nice and working very brillients

fraslo

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
Milky Way
Whenever I bike around town listening to my music on a new 6th generation iPod, a loud signal pierces my ears through the earphones when iPod detects a wifi nearby. Biking among houses means this is happening all the time.
I tried everything possible to disconnect this - other then disabling wifi, but without success.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to disable this annoying sound which is much louder then my music.
I know I could just disable wifi, but would like to silence this signal without constantly turning wifi on and off...

Thanks!

Last edited:

neil klassen

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
As an iPod Touch user, I don’t always have network connectivity, so offline functionality is essential. AppStore applications like WeDict, Acro Bible, and Bookshelf, and Jailbreak applications like Wiki2Touch provide incredible acces to amazing content that is always available online or offline. As of this writing, every RSS reader in AppStore lacks the ability to provide full offline content–both article text and associated embedded images.

Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.