Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
lilstewart92 said:
Well, here's the thing. My parents are divorced. The G5 is at my Mom's and my G4 iBook is my laptop that gets primary use at my dad's and transfers files between the G5 and G4. The other computer, the iBook G4 was trashed by my step mom and she got me a new one and now the broken 1.42 just sits in the closet and acts as a server + print server.

lol..i remmeber reading that story on how ur step mom crashed it..crazy story....anyways stu just hold off and dont be so tempted..im sure every1 has thought on what to trade in for it...and remember we still dont kno much about the battery life..i would indeed wait to see how they go about upgrading the ibook...so just be patient...it PAYS!!

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
AJ Muni said:
lol..i remmeber reading that story on how ur step mom crashed it..crazy story....anyways stu just hold off and dont be so tempted..im sure every1 has thought on what to trade in for it...and remember we still dont kno much about the battery life..i would indeed wait to see how they go about upgrading the ibook...so just be patient...it PAYS!!
Yeah.

Who thinks I should take my iBook off eBay?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
lilstewart92 said:
This just hit me - maybe a PowerBook G4 15"?

Nah...

You could just wait until the performance edition of the dual core Yonahs come out in a few months, as they'll probably be sticking one of those in the new 17" MacBook Pro. :eek: ;) :cool:

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
yeah, i don't thik i should

but, should I take my iBook off ebay?

Do you need your iBook? Do you care if you sell it or not?

Up to you I guess. If you REALLY need me to tell you what to do I'd suggest you simply mail it free of charge to me. :D

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Keep it on ebay and buy a MBP. Then focus on saving money for your car!! Listen to this old man...

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Seasought said:
Do you need your iBook? Do you care if you sell it or not?

Up to you I guess. If you REALLY need me to tell you what to do I'd suggest you simply mail it free of charge to me. :D
Oh, I care. I <3 this thing to death! But, I have a feeling a MBP would be just fine.

I'm still not sure. I know my dad wouldn't be proud if I bought another computer. :(

rose red

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2005
nw england
lilstewart92 you're not sure.

2006 has only just begun and we all know that there will be more new computers from Apple as the year goes on. What happens if you decide that you want yet another new computer when the next one comes out?

The iBooks are much loved and I think will hold their value as well as these first intel laptops. I don't think you need to panic and certainly don't get yourself in a financial pickle over it, or upset your parents if you'd like their support for a few years.

Why don't you see if you get any interest on ebay, perhaps in a few days it will become clearer. Don't lose sleep over it.

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
lilstewart92 said:
Oh, I care. I <3 this thing to death! But, I have a feeling a MBP would be just fine.

I'm still not sure. I know my dad wouldn't be proud if I bought another computer. :(

Dude I would seriously think about selling the iBook and waiting until a new Rev comes along. These things haven't even shipped yet so you really don't know if they will have any issues or not? Remember the Rev. A G5 iMac! :eek: I would wait until the next Rev comes out to get a new MBP. By that time, you might have even more money so you could get the nicer model. Just my 2 cents.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Don't purchase without knowing the battery life

I was playing with the MacBook Pro today and when I turned it over, nothing. There were no stickers or specs on the machines. I asked the Apple person next to me why it was so and he stated that they are pre-production models.

Without knowing the battery life, how can one make the decision to purchase? It's like buying a car without knowing the miles per gallon. I think Apple's lack of information on this topic is absurd.

I would suspect that they would give some hints but those who purchase in the blind may end up disappointed. I suspect that Apple is tweaking the performance of the MacBook Pros prior to have a better battery life hence the silence.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
amac4me said:
I was playing with the MacBook Pro today and when I turned it over, nothing. There were no stickers or specs on the machines. I asked the Apple person next to me why it was so and he stated that they are pre-production models.

Without knowing the battery life, how can one make the decision to purchase? It's like buying a car without knowing the miles per gallon. I think Apple's lack of information on this topic is absurd.

I would suspect that they would give some hints but those who purchase in the blind may end up disappointed. I suspect that Apple is tweaking the performance of the MacBook Pros prior to have a better battery life hence the silence.

How did it run? Were you impressed?

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
I think apple has something big up steve's sleeve. didnt apple hire sony vaio designers a few months ago. I think (and i've said this in other threads) that the MBP is a test, they keep it the same exterior so less people run out and buy it. In the near future (feb, march, april 1) apple will probably release a new MB/MBP. Just my thoughts tho. its not like i have insider sources. Just because i was right about the new charger idea doesnt mean that i kno wats going on at apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.