Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Yes, it was replaced at an Apple Store.
I'll keep an eye on the battery usage by app data, maybe there are some apps that cause the battery to drain faster. I haven't download any new in a while, but you never know.

The question wasn't if I should replace the battery or not, the question is why the second battery is worse than the first one at the same battery health percentage and therefore if it even makes sense to replace it once more or if the iPhone with the newer iOS isn't capable of getting the battery life that I used to get anymore.
Replace it if you like the X. I replaced mine last November and my X works wonderfully on iOS 15.3.1. I had my original battery replaced at 82% and Apple had no problem doing it for me for $69. It took an hour and it's still performs amazingly well for a 4+yr old phone. I was going to upgrade to the 13 Pro Max but after the battery replacement I decided I could wait till the 14 comes out to see what it offers. Right now I don't feel a need to upgrade for performance, only a much larger screen and camera upgrades. Whether or not the replacement battery is not as good as the original is only something you can answer. You have experience over the years on both batteries and if the new one isn't degrading the same way, you very well may have received an inferior replacement. 90% is still half way to what Apple considers replacement territory so I'd let it get to 85% at least before considering it unless it starts shutting down for no reason..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.