Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AthenaNoctua

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
I posted this in Apple's forum and - so far - tumbleweed. I have two sets of BT cans: Sony WH-1000MX4 and Bose NC700. Now, I can't remember whether this began happening when I first installed Ventura/iPadOS 16, or whether it's been caused by a subsequent update (both devices are running the latest versions of their respective OS). I'm pointing the finger at Apple because both work fine with their respective apps, even after the sound drops out when trying to use them with anything else (I can usually get around 45 minutes from both before it cuts). So I 'forget' them on both devices, and re-pair. After around 45m minutes (maximum an hour) it happens again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Now, I'm autistic, and currently in a situation where music is one of the few ways I stay sane (it also helps prevent me getting murdery) and I would never dream of listening without headphones as not to disturb others (especially at night).

When the sound cuts, the track doesn't stop playing, I just can't hear it. I even created a new account, to test if there was anything that might be causing the issue (although obviously, there's no way to do that on an iPad (anyone else think it's about time you were able to set up multiple accounts on an iPad...?)). Devices have been rebooted. I can find nothing in Apple's KB which addresses the issue.

Just to be clear: When the sound cuts out and I cannot hear anything through anything else (Apple Music, Spotify, YT, Soundcloud, etc) both sets still function fine with their respective apps.

Getting really rather anxious now. Any help, folks...?

jcastaneda797

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
With my Bose 700 paired to my M1 Pro MBP on Ventura (13.0.1), I've noticed a little over a week ago that within the first minute of music playing on Apple Music, the audio would skip for a moment and then not have an issue. But now it skips/studders randomly and frequently on all audio sources. I've tried unpair/repairing, countless reboots, and even resetting the Bluetooth model via terminal. Nothing. With my AirPod Pros... no issues. So, not sure what's up but if anyone has any clues or tricks to try until the next update, would greatly be appreciated!

Nick Milner

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2017
Yep, same here. Constant audio stuttering on any bluetooth headset including AirPod Pro 2's. The only way I can listen to music is wired. Really annoying.

Reactions: fastson

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Bluetooth is a huge issue in Ventura that has not been fixed in 13.1 RC1. If you have more than two BlueTooth devices connected, sound to even AirPods goes to hell.
Game Controllers also lag. This is on a high-end Mac Studio.
I have left "Feedback" and am really ticked off that this has not been addressed. This used to work just fine in older versions. BTW, the PowerBook M1 13" also had these issues when it was first released.
The unsatisfactory solution is to connect Magic Keypad and Trackpad with Lightning USB and turn off the mouse.

Reactions: fastson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.