Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
2016 Macbook 12" with the M5. Just installed High Sierra last night then did a few hours of work on the machine with lots of windows open, switching apps frequently, etc. It's definitely way smoother. Mission Control is now smooth as butter where before it was annoyingly choppy. I can get info on a folder containing hundreds of large files and the total size and count comes up instantly. Web browsing is very smooth. I have not tried big file operations yet, but I'm sure they will be much better.

This update has breathed new life into my Macbook. Very nice update.

Reactions: jwolf6589

ceezy

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2011
MY Mid2010 MBP definitely feels much more snappier. Sierra really made my old mac sluggish, beachballs all over the place. I really had no choice but to try HS and so far (after a very long update process) I've been happy. Hope it continues to be this smooth and stable for me on my older mac.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
My late 2015 fusion drive iMac feels a little slower and laggy then Sierra was especially for accessibility things like invert colours or zoom in. I dont see a difference with Safari either with supposedly faster. Plus, High Sierra bring me an annoying bug when trying to open large video files it "verifying" the file and it take a minute to load...

hieubui

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2017
Safari 11 now delays for several seconds when clicking a link in favorite page and input source is not English

Last edited:

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
No problems for me. I've been waiting for this release for quite some time. Boot up is fast, loading is fast, and APFS had made a significant difference. iTunes is fast with barley any lag or loading. Safari is purring as well. I'm very happy! It feels like a whole new computer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.