Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haamur

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2021
Old post but I gotta say XS is my all time favorite Iphone ever. I have had 12, 13 pro/mini, 11 pro and many others, none of them reach the level of XS imo. XS feels best in hands and dimensions are right on spot, Glossy Glass and stainless steel is absolutely nice combination of materials. Just got new OEM battery and phone sits happily in real carbon case šŸ„°

AB9AAB42-5E4C-4FC2-83E1-8D580AF8F062.jpeg
3C9A4723-79CD-40EB-9468-9989C941C9C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Zed

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
Old post but I gotta say XS is my all time favorite Iphone ever. I have had 12, 13 pro/mini, 11 pro and many others, none of them reach the level of XS imo. XS feels best in hands and dimensions are right on spot, Glossy Glass and stainless steel is absolutely nice combination of materials. Just got new OEM battery and phone sits happily in real carbon case šŸ„°

View attachment 2178396 View attachment 2178397
Mine too, but looks so much better without a case. Slippery as a wet bar of soap, true.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
There is a risk for anything but those risks can be mitigated by using your brain. I would suggest there is less than a 0.1% chance of compromising your phone when using an slightly out of date browser so there is no reason to become paranoid and throw away your older phone. There are plenty of users here who are on older versions of iOS for performance purposes and they are completely safe.
I wanted to say two things: one, this is completely true. The security risk on iOS is massively overblown, irrelevant, and it amounts to gigantic scaremongering by everyone who says ā€œuse a device on iOS 16.3.1 or throw it into a bonfireā€. I have some iOS devices in active use, all of which can be updated to iOS 16, none of which is, and theyā€™re fine. Scaremongering at its finest.

View attachment 2178396 View attachment 2178397
And two, the A12 Bionic is an amazing processor, especially on iOS 12. Probably the best combo, sheer efficiency and performance. I have an iPhone XŹ€, but that Xs looks amazing! Iā€™d totally use one.

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
i have the xs and i'm an ios developer! depends what your use case is. my partner does a lot of instagram posting and appreciates more current camera tech. anything later than iphone x is fine, even iphone 8 is fine.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Plus contrary to what others here believe: nobody gives a damn what model iPhone or smartphone you're using in the real world lol.

Except when it comes time to take group photos. Everybody calls out, "who's got an iPhone 14?"

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.