Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Hehe...my parents got me from the Apple Store in Regent Street on Thursday already, i called them on Friday and they told me they bought it already...Anyway, they got it for 130 instead of 139 b'cos of some student discount and my sis's paying for it so it pretty much doesn't matter...

Btw, should my sis open the iPod and play around with it to see if there's any problem or should she just leave it in the box untouched (my sis doesn't really know anything about iPods)...anyone with any problems with their new iPod nano's straight from the box?Cos my parents and sis r not so sure about using the iPod and she said probally she should just leave it to me to try it out and if there's any problem with it, i change it at my place here in Malaysia...but i'm kinda worried if there's any problems with the device itself and the store here will not change it for me...is it possible to change an iPod at any store?i'm gonna only get it on the 1st October when my parents comes back...

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
plasticparadox said:
You won't be able to use it in Japan unless you buy the correct adapter. UK plug is different.

You'll just need a plug adaptor though, the iPod USB power adaptor is capable of using both 120 and 240V so just get one of those europe -> asia plug adaptors you see at airports and stuff. That is if you are going to use the USB power adaptor (which doesn't come with the nano) if you are plugging into your laptop, should be all tickety boo.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Chundles said:
You'll just need a plug adaptor though, the iPod USB power adaptor is capable of using both 120 and 240V so just get one of those europe -> asia plug adaptors you see at airports and stuff. That is if you are going to use the USB power adaptor (which doesn't come with the nano) if you are plugging into your laptop, should be all tickety boo.

What do u mean "adapter" in this case?
the one used to transfer music to the iPod (the USB Cable) or the one used to charge the iPod?
Anyone knows if there's any site that i can go to check the voltage and stuffs?
anyone here with the package n stuff so that i can see the plug and stuff (UK)?

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2003
plasticparadox said:
You won't be able to use it in Japan unless you buy the correct adapter. UK plug is different.

Oops, my bad. I forgot that iPod nanos don't ship with power adapters. Never mind, you're all set.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
plasticparadox said:
Oops, my bad. I forgot that iPod nanos don't ship with power adapters. Never mind, you're all set.

then wht do they ship with?how do i charge the iPod?

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
means u charge the ipod through ur computer and not any plug?
u can't charge it using a plug?

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2003
DarkNetworks said:
means u charge the ipod through ur computer and not any plug?
u can't charge it using a plug?

Not out of the box. You'll need to buy the adapter separately. This is what you need. But I suggest that you get it in the country you'll be using it in, so that you can be sure the plug is compatible.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
plasticparadox said:
Not out of the box. You'll need to buy the adapter separately. This is what you need. But I suggest that you get it in the country you'll be using it in, so that you can be sure the plug is compatible.

Ok...now the question remains, i charge my iPod through my laptop using the USB Cable if i don't purchase this thing? or how do i charge the iPod?

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2003
DarkNetworks said:
Ok...now the question remains, i charge my iPod through my laptop using the USB Cable if i don't purchase this thing? or how do i charge the iPod?

Of course. You won't need to buy anything else to load music to or charge your iPod. The power adapter is for convenience only - if you want to charge your iPod without your computer.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
plasticparadox said:
Of course. You won't need to buy anything else to load music to or charge your iPod. The power adapter is for convenience only - if you want to charge your iPod without your computer.

thats awesome...thnx...
p/s: u got the power adapter?

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2003
DarkNetworks said:
thats awesome...thnx...
p/s: u got the power adapter?

Yup. I got mine free with my 30 gig iPod. Apple used to include them in the box, but now they're a separate accessory which is why I was confused earlier.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
plasticparadox said:
Yup. I got mine free with my 30 gig iPod. Apple used to include them in the box, but now they're a separate accessory which is why I was confused earlier.

Thankz...
Btw, should my sis open the iPod and play around with it to see if there's any problem or should she just leave it in the box untouched (my sis doesn't really know anything about iPods)...anyone with any problems with their new iPod nano's straight from the box?Cos my parents and sis r not so sure about using the iPod and she said probally she should just leave it to me to try it out and if there's any problem with it, i change it at my place here in Malaysia...but i'm kinda worried if there's any problems with the device itself and the store here will not change it for me...is it possible to change an iPod at any store?i'm gonna only get it on the 1st October when my parents comes back...

kim0785b

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2004
London
No nanos 4gb in regents street

DarkNetworks said:
My parents are leaving for UK this coming Wednesday. They're going to be in London for the next few days. Anyone thats lives in the area knows that if there's any Apple Store or Apple Retails that can be trusted? I wanna get an iPod Nano and my parents are gonna get it for me. The problem is i don't know where i can get them. I know there's a store in Regent Street but anyone got theirs from there recently? Are there stocks available? Aother thing is, if my parents were to call Apple ( the free line ) how can the payment be made and approximately how long will it take for delivery?
\

hi i just went with my sister to regents street ipod store and they say they are sold out as well as micro anvika and every other electronics store in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1, they are expecting a delivery any time soon. fustration fustration. I will keep you posted. gonna call them tomorrow, (its my birthday soon)

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
kim0785b said:
\

hi i just went with my sister to regents street ipod store and they say they are sold out as well as micro anvika and every other electronics store in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1, they are expecting a delivery any time soon. fustration fustration. I will keep you posted. gonna call them tomorrow, (its my birthday soon)

Hehe...Happy Birthday in advance...newayz, my parents got mine on Thrusday last week already...G'luck to u...and thankz...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.