Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I have the 12 Pro Max, so upgrading to the 14 Pro Max was a no brainer for me. The battery life is out of this world, the Deep Purple color is gorgeous, and the camera is loads better than the 12 Pro Max. I’m still getting used to the DI, and I know I will love it more as time goes on. Overall, it was a much needed upgrade for me.

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Sep 18, 2022
12 Pro to 14 Pro is a big difference.
120hz screen and more brightness
Better cameras
Better battery life

I think 13 Pro to 14 Pro is optional. But anything before 13 Pro is a very good upgrade.

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
So what’s the fascination with USB - C? The connection doesn’t hold as farmly as the lightning cable and if you’re just gonna use it to charge the phone then you have MagSafe which is faster anyway. Will you be using it to transfer data from your phone to the computer? I have only used USB – C to charge my iPad Pro with. For me, USBC would only be for charging.
USB 3.x speeds, and finally having one connector for everything, are the main drivers to USB-C that I see.

USB 2 speeds in 2022 is... kind of ridiculous, especially with the image/video file sizes these devices generate.

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
For me yes. The battery on my 12 pro sucked and now I have my 14 pro at work and I won’t have to charge my phone like I had to with my 12.

Also, now I have my favorite color, purple.

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
You've had your phone 2 years. You're going to suffer a minimum $200 a year depreciation loss for the next two years on average. Upgrading now makes the most sense financially. Sell your phone outright on Swappa or eBay for the best return. Whether the upgrade is worth it really is a moot point. You'll suffer the same financial loss whether you upgrade or not.

RobinNL

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
World
Biggest upgrade in terms of feel is definitely the screen. The new screen looks amazing and especially the 120hz compared to 12PM is really noticeable. Second the camera “tricks”, meaning macro, cinematic mode and 48mp proRaw. Allows you to take photos you simply can’t with the older model.

Biggest downsides to me are weight and thickness.

Battery obviously but with either phone excessive usage will get your battery down before day’s end.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
USB 3.x speeds, and finally having one connector for everything, are the main drivers to USB-C that I see.

USB 2 speeds in 2022 is... kind of ridiculous, especially with the image/video file sizes these devices generate.
I see. That makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.