Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sellatease

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
Nigeria
Hello there,

I'm currently the owner of an iPhone 6s Plus (32GB), which I bought in 2017's summer. I am looking forward to upgrading my phone. I was aiming at an iPhone 11, but the LCD display, as well as the thicker vessels and the 0,5x optical zoom camera (I prefer a 2x optical zoom), made me reconsider. I even considered the iPhone 11 Pro, but it's way too expensive for my budget (1,159€).

So then I thought why not going back just one generation? I guess it's not a big difference in terms of performance. I saw the iPhone XS as the perfect sized phone, which also featured the OLED display that would save great battery, and had a "premium" look. I want this phone to last as much as possible so, do you guys see it as a good investment? Forgot to mention that I could find it at a discounted 850€.

My two main points are getting better battery life (dark mode + OLED pannel) and better performance than my previous phone, given that it's not far from the 11th generation of iPhones.

Thanks beforehand! ?

I will advise you to go for the Apple iphone 11. Its amazing specifications is second to none. No need of buying an old version.

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
I currently use a 6 Plus and purchased the XS Max as an upgrade. I gave the XS Max to my mother who tells me the battery life on the XS Max drains quickly. I would try and save a little more and get yourself an 11. I read nothing but great battery life on that phone among other things.
Not sure what your mum's battery is doing but my Xsm has solid battery life. I mostly plug it in at bedtime, every night with already 50-60% remaining. The max has excellent battery life, even improved some with latest iOS

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Interesting. I know she plays some games and will watch some videos, but not all day though. All I know is she's complained and compared the battery to her prior 6 Plus, that the XS Max drains faster.

I'm using her 6 Plus now (it's fine for my needs) and I'm debating on upgrading to an 11 Pro Max or waiting for the 12 Pro Max.

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
Hello there,

I'm currently the owner of an iPhone 6s Plus (32GB), which I bought in 2017's summer. I am looking forward to upgrading my phone. I was aiming at an iPhone 11, but the LCD display, as well as the thicker vessels and the 0,5x optical zoom camera (I prefer a 2x optical zoom), made me reconsider. I even considered the iPhone 11 Pro, but it's way too expensive for my budget (1,159€).

So then I thought why not going back just one generation? I guess it's not a big difference in terms of performance. I saw the iPhone XS as the perfect sized phone, which also featured the OLED display that would save great battery, and had a "premium" look. I want this phone to last as much as possible so, do you guys see it as a good investment? Forgot to mention that I could find it at a discounted 850€.

My two main points are getting better battery life (dark mode + OLED pannel) and better performance than my previous phone, given that it's not far from the 11th generation of iPhones.

Thanks beforehand! ?

Any iPhone/Smart Phone (or Future iPhone 12) Can Die Pretty Quickly When you play Heavy Games that is 2GB Higher... If you want to play game all day you'd better off with an iPad in witch is supposed to more than double the Game Play Time doesn't matter if its Heavy Intense Game or Not.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Any iPhone/Smart Phone (or Future iPhone 12) Can Die Pretty Quickly When you play Heavy Games that is 2GB Higher... If you want to play game all day you'd better off with an iPad in witch is supposed to more than double the Game Play Time doesn't matter if its Heavy Intense Game or Not.
He didn’t mention to play games. Why do you even think that someone should buy an ipad when asking for a phone?
Why not recommend a PlayStation?

after almost 2 months he probably is fine now...

Reactions: Vivian125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.