Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulsonj72

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
I have no problems with the iPhone SE. It was my 1st iPhone and I enjoy it. My hands are small so a smaller phone works better for me

Last edited:

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I’m really surprised by all of the people who won’t take the jump to Face ID. The pandemic has made it marginally less convenient when wearing a mask, but my oh my is it otherwise a major step up. Everything from unlocking my phone, approving Apple Pay payments, entering passwords is just so much easier. I just look at my phone, that’s it. No need to fumble with fingerprints.

For those who haven’t given it a shot yet, just try it. And not just for a day, but for the whole 2-week return period.
I tried Face ID with the XR. For me I like to be able to open the phone up wherever it may be at with just a fingerprint scan. I actually sold my XR and went to an 8 plus. Still using it and also picked up a SE 2020 for a different line. Just came down to personal preference for me.

Reactions: Rollomat93

silas576

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2020
I’m really surprised by all of the people who won’t take the jump to Face ID. The pandemic has made it marginally less convenient when wearing a mask, but my oh my is it otherwise a major step up. Everything from unlocking my phone, approving Apple Pay payments, entering passwords is just so much easier. I just look at my phone, that’s it. No need to fumble with fingerprints.

For those who haven’t given it a shot yet, just try it. And not just for a day, but for the whole 2-week return period.
It’s not only because of the pandemic, there’re people who just like TouchID (and no notch) better. I used the Iphone X for 2 years now and still prefer TouchID oder FaceID, really enjoy using my Ipad mini and Pro 10.5 with TouchID.
And as much as I love the 5S design of the 12 Mini I will most likely switch from the X to SE2020.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization

"Marginally less convenient" is a bit of an understatement!

Try "completely useless" for the next year or two (let's be real, the pandemic and the face masks will be with us in the public life for at least 12-24 months more), and then we're talking.

I was happily using Face ID until it became useless without exposing myself to contagion. I'm now using a SE 2020 and I won't trade it for a newer model with Face ID in the foreseeable future.

silas576

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2020
Maybe Apple should act quickly and bring the SE Plus soon to have another (bigger) Touch ID Phone in the lineup in this pandemic situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.