Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I think part of the problem is SIRI still doesn’t recognize what I say. I can create a shortcut for ESPN podcasts. And when I try to bring it up. SIRI will say did you say_____? And I’ll be like no ESPN podcasts! And it will say did you say______? Eventually I give up. It’s quicker to bring it up manually on my phone cause SIRI doesn’t seem to recognize what I say.

Reactions: GreyOS

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I think part of the problem is SIRI still doesn’t recognize what I say. I can create a shortcut for ESPN podcasts. And when I try to bring it up. SIRI will say did you say_____? And I’ll be like no ESPN podcasts! And it will say did you say______? Eventually I give up. It’s quicker to bring it up manually on my phone cause SIRI doesn’t seem to recognize what I say.
I believe shortcuts will work when you type it in too, so there is that to fall back on and might still be better than nothing if the shortcut is particularly complex. Obviously there might be some where typing out the command is slower than just doing it!

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
So as we all know unlike the past when your UDID had to be specifically registered with Apple’s Dev program and you had to be an authorized Developer to get iPSW files and to activate a device with beta software nowadays people just download uploaded profiles and rogue test. So in terms of the Shortcuts App thing that was announced today it seems like it would be impossible to get it in that manner since they are only selectively granting it to developers correct?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
So as we all know unlike the past when your UDID had to be specifically registered with Apple’s Dev program and you had to be an authorized Developer to get iPSW files and to activate a device with beta software nowadays people just download uploaded profiles and rogue test. So in terms of the Shortcuts App thing that was announced today it seems like it would be impossible to get it in that manner since they are only selectively granting it to developers correct?
Right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.