Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
I wound up getting this HP Spectre x360 14” (configured with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD and in Nightfall Black for another $20) for ~$1250 before tax using the HP sale and my corporate discount. I was able to use an Amex $150 off $1000 promo I had which will cover tax and few bucks more (my sales tax is 10.5%). I won’t get it for like two weeks but I’m looking forward to it. I almost got the Dragonfly at Costco (since dropped to $1000), but wanted a higher resolution screen.

Did you make any decisions @ghanwani?
Thanks for sharing. I did not buy anything yet.

Reactions: Technerd108

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
I went to Best Buy and played around with some machines (HP Spectre, Lenovo Yoga, Dell XPS 13 (new), Surface Laptop and Laptop Go, ASUS Zenbook 14). Anything with OLED just doesn't work for me. :( Most likely due to PWM.

Of all the screens I tried, the XPS 13's felt the best. The main negative is the chassis has sharp edges. I can see those cutting into the wrist.

My biggest hesitance with the ThinkBook mentioned in this thread is the glossy screen.

The Dragonfly G4 mentioned earlier
also seems to have a glossy screen.

Reactions: filmgirl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.