Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2015
A downgrade for a lot of people. Mine is going back Monday and going back to my old X. The reception issue sucks.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I don't know if it's fair to say it's like previous S phones...it doesn't do other S models justice, the ones which were significant upgrades

Consider the iPhone 6S from the 6, which was a pretty significant upgrade. Pretty much everything other than the design was improved upon in a significant way, the same cannot be said of the XS over the X which overall has less improvements, and the ones that are there are comparably more minor ones

I agree with you though, your point stands - these devices are intended more for the people who are on that 2 year or older upgrade cycle
[doublepost=1538173591][/doublepost]

Not significantly, no. But the camera is better. Are photos important to you? Do you take many pictures and videos? If so, then get the newer device. If you aren't a huge photographer or videographer then the X should be just fine.

If you're looking to jailbreak, the X will be your best bet but it will have to be a model that is pre-iOS 11.3.1

No XS or XS Max device (or any device with iOS 12, that includes the X if you get one used that is on 11.4 or greater) can be jailbroken yet
Is $975 a ripoff for a jailbroken 256 GB X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.