Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I have the BTMouse by MacAlly -- works like a charm. I really love the fact that it uses rechargeable batteries and includes a desktop docking cradle for charging.

I've recently moved from a PowerMac G5 to a MacBook, so I plan on picking up it's little brother (BTMicro, I believe) to keep in my notebook carrying case.

I have the Micro myself, using it with a MB, and the only thing that annoys me is it doesn't start working right away when I switch it on. I usually have to turn it off then back on again before the optical light turns on. The dock also has a little latch designed to hold the mouse in place when put in a laptop bag, but it makes it annoying for use on a desktop, since you gotta pry it up out of the dock to get it out. I'm looking at getting the regular BTMouse instead.

coolcorgi

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2006
Florida
Regarding "Neonguy's" earlier post about his: BT MOUSE - MAKING A NOISE - ("like a fly was trapped inside it"); and then "Westside Guy's" comment about the noisey critter.......... Well check out and read the actual - Real Life Story - of my "SINGING MOUSE" below:

It took me almost 2 months to figure out what the hell it could be that was making all the racket! It was "in" or "around" my office and/or desk. It was weird, very subtle and shrill. Very hard to pinpoint. It "whinned/hummed" about 75% of the time and was very anoying, prevalent. It was very frustrating trying to find the high-pitched singing like sound, for I knew it was "close". But no matter what I did, where I looked, how carefull I listened - I COULD NOT FIND IT! I would get up, move around, bend high/low - nothing helped to "zero in" on what it was or where it was coming from.

You know why? Because you simply would never expect the noise to be coming from your LITTLE OLD MOUSE - THAT YOU WERE HOLDING IN YOUR VERY OWN HAND!! That's right! My small, little, innocent mouse! Whinning it's ass off! Driving me NUTS. Right in front of me, on my desk and often - in my hand! And then, once I finally figured out who/what the hell it was that was making all the racket............I could not "shut it up"!! No matter where I moved it, hid it, put it - the shrill noise would cut through, out of, around anything. I placed it in the very back of drawers, wrapped it up in towels, zipped it inside backpacks, etc. I could still hear it. I loved the mouse! It was great. It was a "Gyration Brand BT Mouse" - $100 USD! It still worked "fine", so I did'nt want to throw it away. I assumed it was the "non-replaceable" rechargeable battery that was "going out" or getting weak - and then making the "gyration" hardware inside the mouse "scream" in pain!

Anyway, I finally had to move "IT" completely out of the office and INTO the BATHROOM - behind TWO fully CLOSED DOORS; and then INTO the LINEN CLOSET, UNDERNEATH A STACK OF 4 COMPLETE SHEET/PILLOW CASE SETS.......before I could no longer hear the blasted mouse! True Story!

coolcorgi

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I recently removed 1 battery from my BT MM and have since dumped my older Logitech V500 mouse. I didn't like the weight of 2 batteries but now glides with 1. Extremely comfy to me.

Only problem is the scroll ball has suddenly seized up on me. Apple Care time :D Oh and the side-squeeze buttons are so much stiffer compared to the wired version.

MacWalk

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2006
Its Sony, but looks great. My girlfriend used to use this on her Vaio. Comes in Black too.

img10013032310.jpeg

VGP-BMS30.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.