Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Hi all,

It's all got a bit messy round here and I can't find a simple, straightforward explanation for how I replace the current uneditable iCal with the one that's going about that is editable. I've just jailbroken my touch with iJailbreak and all the iPhone apps are on it - actually now I have them I don't know why I bothered because I'm rarely if ever near a WiFi spot in London unless I'm at home and they're all useless without it! Blackberry FTW! ;)

All I really want is an editable iCal.

emb531

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
If you still have the iPhone apps jet use that calendar.app and replace the one on the touch

Works perfect for me, syncs and everything

manram24

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
if u have installer.app it has it under tweaks
worked for me although i rarely use it

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
If you still have the iPhone apps jet use that calendar.app and replace the one on the touch

Works perfect for me, syncs and everything

I used the latest iJailbreak that installs iPhone apps but doesn't seem to install the iPhone iCal. Where can I get that from, and can I just delete the existing iCal off the iPod?

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
just delete the cal on the ipod, and put (this one) in the /Applications folder. don't forget to change your permissions after.

I don't know how to do any of those things.

Plus, what is 'mobilecal'? If it's not a version of Apple iCal that is editable, I don't really want it on my iPod...

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
I don't know how to do any of those things.

Plus, what is 'mobilecal'? If it's not a version of Apple iCal that is editable, I don't really want it on my iPod...

dude mobile cal is the cal app from the iphone.. there is no other iCAl version you can get..this is editable, and the dude above knows his stuff. just follow his instructions and if u dont know how, look around these forums

emb531

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
well...mobilecal is the actual name of the app, and yes it is the editable apple calendar app.

read around on using cyderduck, its a program for the mac that lets you put and delete files on the ipod, i'm on a pc so i can't help you with mac related stuff. good luck

vividdemise

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
Or you could just do as i did and edit the N45AP.Plist

1. open sftp & connect to Ipt
2. navagate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
3. copy N45AP.plist to your computer
4. Convert to xml
5. add the to lines of code found below under Capabilities
<key>editableUserData</key>
<true/>
5.5. should look like
<key>bundles</key>
<array/>
<key>capabilities</key>
<dict>
<true/>
<key>piezo-clicker</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>displayOrder</key>
6. put the N45AP.Plist Back in the same dir
Note: no need to convert back this way you can Make chages on the fly.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Or you could just do as i did and edit the N45AP.Plist

1. open sftp & connect to Ipt
2. navagate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
3. copy N45AP.plist to your computer
4. Convert to xml
5. add the to lines of code found below under Capabilities
<true/>
5.5. should look like
<key>bundles</key>
<array/>
<key>capabilities</key>
<dict>
<true/>
<key>piezo-clicker</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>displayOrder</key>
6. put the N45AP.Plist Back in the same dir
Note: no need to convert back this way you can Make chages on the fly.

See, the thing is that all these guides assume I know how to surf to that first file. I had no idea how to do that until I found something that told me exactly what to enter into an FTP app (I use Transmit) and I've made it work now. Cheers all.

Next question - iCal on a Mac comes with two types of event already set up - Home and Work. I know you can delete these and use whatever you want. However, they don't sync both ways properly. Any event I create on the iPod syncs back to the Mac as a 'Home' event whether I meant it as such or not, and any events on the Mac that are categorised as Home or Work or whatever, they just appear on the iPod as plain events.

I don't mind them being plain on the iPod, but it's a pain having to switch events to the right category on the Mac.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
here is the mobile cal, put in the three letters and hit download

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83SWYZVK

and yes, just delete the cal on the ipod, unzip this one, and put it in the /Applications folder. don't forget to change your permissions after.

Just do what emb531 has said here. It works. On a Mac I did the following?

Downloaded the file

I used Transmit to open my Touch

Opened Applications

Replaced Mobilecal with the above download.

Went to "GET INFO"

Changed ALL to 755

Restarted my Touch and the Fun began.

Now If I could just learn or figure out how to move apps around I would be ecstatic.

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
iOrder fixes the calendar. iOrder produces a customized N45AP.plist so you can have your icons in whatever order you want them, but in the process it also adds the few lines missing in the original N45AP.plist that allows you to edit the calendar. (iOrder is written only for windows)

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
There is an app that can be downloaded from installer that does this.

I would consider using the Installer.app fix to be the 'definitive' solution, since it is multi-platform and easy as pie. I imagine that most people that jailbreak their Touch's will install this handy app.

jpjd

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
I just installed ijailbreak and INSTALLER 3 is now up and running on my ipod touch. I checked under both tweak folders but cannot for the life of me find the ical fix! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I remember seeing it there before 3 came out!

greg1075

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Just do what emb531 has said here. It works. On a Mac I did the following?

Downloaded the file

I used Transmit to open my Touch

Opened Applications

Replaced Mobilecal with the above download.

Went to "GET INFO"

Changed ALL to 755

Restarted my Touch and the Fun began.

Now If I could just learn or figure out how to move apps around I would be ecstatic.

I have transmit but can't open my IPT. It does not appear on my desktop even though iTunes opens up and syncs it.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I have transmit but can't open my IPT. It does not appear on my desktop even though iTunes opens up and syncs it.

It will not show up on your desktop. It will be in the right window of Transmit.

Assuming you are on a wireless network - make sure you have your right ip address - type this in as the path: /private/var/root/

greg1075

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
It will not show up on your desktop. It will be in the right window of Transmit.

Assuming you are on a wireless network - make sure you have your right ip address - type this in as the path: /private/var/root/

Got it! What do those last 2 steps accomplish though? And by ALL you mean you checked all boxes and clicked apply, right?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I tried putting the posted MobileCal on my iPod and it doesn't work. I'm going to restore, and use the old Installer.app to put on Touch Calendar Fix, and then update Installer.

edit:
I just installed ijailbreak and INSTALLER 3 is now up and running on my ipod touch. I checked under both tweak folders but cannot for the life of me find the ical fix! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I remember seeing it there before 3 came out!

Yep, it appears that it was removed from Installer. I went through the hassle of restoring my iPod and jailbreaking with the old installer.app just so I can put it on there, but installer won't let me without putting the new one on there :mad:

jpjd

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Thank you for your response. Thought I lost my mind. It's odd that they would have removed that patch. hmmmmm. wonder why!?

If you have any news on this please post it here. I'll keep checking. ;)
THANK YOU!
j

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.