Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this

I purchased a subscription by mistake, essentially I forgot I had started a free trial for this VPN app and hence I forgot cancelling it..
I noticed it today when PayPal sent me an email confirming the purchase for this enormous price..
I have submitted the ‘request a refund thing’ on iTunes, marking that this app has been bought by accident but from my understanding for subscriptions they allow refunds very rarely ..
anything else I can do? Talk with PayPal?

piattj

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2021
TBH I don't know how you go about that. I've read that people find it next to impossible to get a Paypal employee on the phone. You can only try all routes, hoping one will work. Other than that, it's a lesson learned. How much did you pay for a VPN? More than $60?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
for this enormous price
Enormous? I am curious what the charge was.

I have submitted the ‘request a refund thing’ on iTunes
Call the Apple customer service, and DO NOT utilize whatever the sub is for.

I have had good experiences dealing with Paypal, but only with getting refunds from eBay related stuff, never a subscription. I also only dealt with them via the website, never by phone.

Besides, I wouldn't bother with them until I heard back from Apple.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
How was the PayPal setup for payment - direct debit from you bank, or from a credit card?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Just trying to consider my options .. you don’t think it’ll help?
PayPal has pretty much removed much if not all “frontline” human workers based on my experience with PayPal. Almost everything is automated and human can’t intervene anyway. Contacting PayPal basically is a game of figuring our what this automated process want from you and pray PayPal system knows what you are doing.

Reactions: Peter K.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.