Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
Ah yes, those were the days. The school used em all the time until got into 2nd grade, when they bought LCIII's. Before they upgraded I had a LC, with a IIe card. Good times. Snake, Oregon Trail, Number Munchers and Math Blaster were my favorites. Later on the librarian got a mac LC 475, so she gave me (i was the only mac fanatic back then, guess I still am in my school) her Mac Classic and a bunch of old IIe programs like Cave.

'Tis a shame tho. The IIe card in my LC could not save data for some reason, so after i spent my first 3 hours typing a program i saw in a book, i could only play it once. *single tear rolls down cheek*

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
thecube84 said:
Still have my apple //c!!! Its so small and cool!!!

anyway i grew up on apples too playing oregon trail AND math blasters AND where in the world is carmen sandiego!! im 14 now, and i Play Unreal Tournament, Red Faction, etc.

:D

I am 13 and i still own oregon trail, math blaster and carmen sandiego.(somme where? :) )

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
trainguy77 said:
I am 13 and i still own oregon trail, math blaster and carmen sandiego.(somme where? :) )

Awesome! hondo11008 over in this thread was kind enough to give me Oregon Trail to play. Talk about memories! Now that I can spend all the time I want playing the game (instead of the 10 minutes or whatever the teacher used to give us back in 2nd grade) I've beaten it several times on every level. It's no longer a challenge, so I decided to f*** around with it:

I started off a game, and the first thing I did was kill off the four other members of my party of starvation. Then, I set my rations to "bare bones" and went off hunting. Then I rested. And rested. And rested. Now it's July 1917, and amazingly I'm still alive! Considering I set out for the Oregon Trail back in March 1848, that's quite a feat. I'm going to keep going and see how far ahead the date can go. :D

Oh, and once in awhile I like to mix things up and massacre every animal in sight. One time I think I shot like 4 elk, 5 buffalo, and 6 deer or something. "You have shot 3,728 pounds of food, but were only able to fit 6 more pounds of food back into your wagon." Good times!! ;)

mohlhausen

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2004
Covington Wa
Free to a good Mac Home...

I have in our piles of stuff too many things, included are 2 Apple IIe complete computers, monitors, drives and all, both have various upgrades, Disk2 cards, Grabber+ card, Super Serial, 80 column text, and on and on, PILES of software, disks, manuals, original paperwork, flyiers, sales brochures, etc. Both systems work to varying degrees, ( I cant remember commands...age getting to me). Also Very interesting Apple IIc, the very tiny one with a ??5 inch ?? monitor, (or there-abouts). Never tryied this one. It was supposed to be the answer to sales counters. We could fill your Crown Vic's trunk if you drove to Covington Wa. You come get it, you can have it. Soon to be found at GoodWill, (they will junk it :( ). E-mail me at nwws@nwwebsiteservices.com. I also have other old stuff from TI-99 to Atari 130xe, with 2 drives, lots software, oss+ cart and more. Free to any good home!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.