Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
https://tinyurl.com/y9n67nlz

I really want to pull the trigger on the Black Stainless Link band.. but this seems to good to be true..

Being that it’s coming from China, there can be so many different types of ‘knock off link bands’ out there, these pictures are definitely not clear enough, as these are more stock photos. I personally am willing to believe that this would not be a legitimate link bracelet from Apple. My motto is, ‘If something doesn’t seem right, it likely isn’t.’

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
I bought the electric blue leather band from them. Arrived in about 2 weeks in brand new condition. If its a knock off its one of the best knock offs of all time. Has all the markings on the band and lugs. Just doesn't come in a retail box and instead in a padded envelope.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I bought the electric blue leather band from them. Arrived in about 2 weeks in brand new condition. If its a knock off its one of the best knock offs of all time. Has all the markings on the band and lugs. Just doesn't come in a retail box and instead in a padded envelope.
My guess is he's skimming them as minor defects at the factory level or something. They look legit down to laser engraving on the lugs and all

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
I bought a "genuine" Apple leather case for my SE back in the day, came in the original packaging and everything, it fell apart in a month.

The genuine one I bough to replace it is a bit worn as you'd expect with leather, but it's perfect 18 months later.

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
Check out the "Classic Buckle Leather Band BLACK" pictures...didn't the authentic ones always have stitching? And mine have the size and "Natural Leather" embossed not printed on. Or is this a first gen band?

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
Check out the "Classic Buckle Leather Band BLACK" pictures...didn't the authentic ones always have stitching? And mine have the size and "Natural Leather" embossed not printed on. Or is this a first gen band?
First (and second?) gen did not have the stitching.

They are legit though. If they are not legit they are the most convincing knock offs ever produced. Has all the markings and fit perfectly.

hectorvs

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
I bought the stainless steel link bracelet from one of those guys, I'm super surprised, I do believe it's the real thing (build quality is awesome, all markings, etc).

The other thing is that some of the bands are not that cheap, like the Milanese loop is going for $90, if it were a knockoff and trying to sell in volume it would be closer to $20

CrownSeven

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
Got. Love it. Came in a padded envelope wrapped in plastic. Zero defects looks legit to me. Even if its not considering what apple charges this thing is a steal.

1ejbPK3.jpg

XvkD3KO.jpg

Qn20Lgo.jpg

VtbNhk2.jpg

vMcLuku.jpg

uewQakD.jpg

IDfQ475.jpg

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Got. Love it. Came in a padded envelope wrapped in plastic. Zero defects looks legit to me. Even if its not considering what apple charges this thing is a steal.

Wow, looks awesome! Thank you for the detailed pictures, might be ordering one of these now.

Is that on a S4 44MM?

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2016
I ordered the black leather loop now i am abit paranoid someone has given him a negative review saying it is fake?

Abit confused now

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
I ordered the black leather loop now i am abit paranoid someone has given him a negative review saying it is fake?

Abit confused now
I wouldn't worry about it. My leather loop is legit and the guy with the link band looks legit. If these are fake then they are the best fakes out there and definitely worth the price.

Reactions: 480951

CrownSeven

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
Apparently no one here has purchased fake goods, er, I mean good replicas, from China before. They come wrapped in bubble wrap, just like in the picture, and will/can fool 99% of the population. Enjoy.

Dont care. 149 vs 349. Id prefer a perfect quality copy without have to spend the same amount as I would purchasing a base watch - on a band.

FCDP

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Purchased a space black link bracelet from them last year, I'm fairly certain it's genuine. Compared with one at the Apple Store and it was identical. Folded the same way, which was a big deal for me. I have fairly small wrists, and all the knock-off link bands don't fold the same way Apples does, resulting in more of a squeeze than contouring correctly.

It had some minor visual defects on the inside, which I think supports the idea that these are factory rejects, returns, or something along those lines. Totally worth it for a fraction of the price. Looking at getting a silver link band from them, having switched from space black for series 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.