Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I have a little over 70 apps in my iTunes library. A few are for my iPhone which I'm getting this December. Is that a lot of apps? I don't want to be an app whore. :D

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
I have a little over 70 apps in my iTunes library. A few are for my iPhone which I'm getting this December. Is that a lot of apps? I don't want to be an app whore. :D

I think its a little weird how you have all the apps and no iPhone :)

Have as many apps are you want TBH, your iPhone...

help!!!!!

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2008

Not at all, right now I have 111 apps on my iPhone and it works 100%. And in my iTunes library, 293, you think your a app whore? ha

EDIT: but as you would probably guess, a TON of them are crap and I am to lazy to delete them. In fact, I dont think I have ever deleted an app other than previous versions.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I've got 91 apps in iTunes and only 16 on the iPhone. I find pages upon pages of unused apps to be distracting.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
i tend to download alot of apps and checks the top 25 lists almost daily. but at the same time, i delete useless apps almost immediately. so far i have 3 pages of apps (4 minus the first page)...

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007

I think I am at about 250 apps for iphone. I have only about 200 on my iPhone. My iPhone runs perfect......:D.:D....:D...:D....:D...:D....:D...:D...:D...:D...:D

I have spent $78 on iTunes and am starting to regret buying MobileChat 3, because I need an IM app to work.....:(:(

I am still a complete :apple: Fan

GO APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
holy smokes, you guys sure do like your apps.

do most of you just download them to download them? not really thinking about the fact if you need it or not....

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I downloaded probably 160 apps. I went through my last set of deletes in itunes last night and I'm now down to 82.

Besides the apple apps that came with phone I have 36 installed. 12 of them games, 10 system / utility apps (issh, vnc, remote, etc..), the rest IM, rss and apps like that. Adds up quick, didn't know it was that many.

As far as keeping that many in library some are apps that I think have potential and I want to see the updates for.

Should be a better way to list apps in itunes.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Should be a better way to list apps in itunes.

Agreed, I bet we see the Applications section broken into AppType soon enough -- right now its more of a dumping ground. I can only imagine having 200+ apps to go through with the current architecture.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Agreed, I bet we see the Applications section broken into AppType soon enough -- right now its more of a dumping ground. I can only imagine having 200+ apps to go through with the current architecture.

Totally agree...I see it in folders like the App Store or even Cover Flow option. Each App that is on the iPhone should also show a Red Box or similar mark around it in iTunes. Also missing is an explanation or summary of the App when you right click on it and select Get Info.

I have only 86 in iTunes and only 41 on iPhone...dang, Im far from being an App whore!

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
hmmm

Most of the Time, I read the Reviews, and get the free apps because they may go for a price change (free to $0.99). I have been lucky to get 50 free apps that have been discontinued and or have had a price increase.

Phew, I only run about 190 apps on my iPhone, just to keep some extra space for emails(13 email accounts) videos (4) songs(155) and website cache.
:):):):):):)

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
I have

I have 12 page, I think they have increased since the Macworld in January.

I have not Jailbroken it either.

I don't like doing that to my iPhone. I did it one and immediately put it back to jail.

He He

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
Sorry

You are right. I just picked up my iPhone and recounted my apps and I have a total of 144 apps on my iphone right now. I have a total of 255 n my MacBook right now.

Sorry again.......:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
42 here

I found it frustrating trying to find my apps among 100's of useless apps and apps that I probably used once.

So I only keep the essential apps

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Totally agree...I see it in folders like the App Store or even Cover Flow option. Each App that is on the iPhone should also show a Red Box or similar mark around it in iTunes. Also missing is an explanation or summary of the App when you right click on it and select Get Info.

Good point as well -- a little notification icon to let us know whether or not the App is on the device or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.