Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoSII

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
I think I am at about 250 apps for iphone. I have only about 200 on my iPhone. My iPhone runs perfect......:D.:D....:D...:D....:D...:D....:D...:D...:D...:D...:D

I have spent $78 on iTunes and am starting to regret buying MobileChat 3, because I need an IM app to work.....:(:(

I am still a complete :apple: Fan

GO APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you fit that many on the springboard??

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I have tried quite a few apps, but if they are crap....I delete them. I really don't want to clutter up my phone with useless apps. I must also say, some of the apps that are available have no benefit. I'm often surprised that people write apps for such things as, how many days until your birthday.

I am patiently waiting for turn by turn software!

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
<snip>I only run about 190 apps on my iPhone, just to keep some extra space for emails(13 email accounts) </snip>
Dunno if you care, but an FYI: Like you, I have multiple email accounts picked up thru the years. I use freebie gmx.com to pull mail from various free yahoo accounts and some other accounts. And, gmail pulls gmx. All of which is auto-deleted from the original accounts when pulled/fetched. That mail also gets auto-tagged as "Outside Mail" in my main gmail account, so only the stuff I really care about hits the "inbox" directly.

Bottom-line: all mail winds up in the one gmail account, making it dirt easy to keep my email life tidy and manageable.

Just a thought...

Yasic

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
i have 86 right now, and i have a suspicion that it became slower, but it could also be that i got used to the iphone and i'm faster than my machine

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
whoa... didn't expect this thread to become so populated. anyway, i went up to the mid 80s :D but i only have 44 on my ipod. now it seems like I can't live without a few apps, even though a year ago, people didn't have any apps at all, unless you jailbroke it which was extremely popular in those early days. the ipod's changed a lot in just one year, we have slim nanoes now, slimmer ipod touches, and a new iphone...

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Dunno if you care, but an FYI: Like you, I have multiple email accounts picked up thru the years. I use freebie gmx.com to pull mail from various free yahoo accounts and some other accounts. And, gmail pulls gmx. All of which is auto-deleted from the original accounts when pulled/fetched. That mail also gets auto-tagged as "Outside Mail" in my main gmail account, so only the stuff I really care about hits the "inbox" directly.

Bottom-line: all mail winds up in the one gmail account, making it dirt easy to keep my email life tidy and manageable.

Just a thought...

thanks for sharing. i have numerous email accounts over the years as well. but i never bothered to accumulate all of them into one account.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I think its a little weird how you have all the apps and no iPhone :)

Have as many apps are you want TBH, your iPhone...

umm iPod touch in my signature? I believe those run the 2.0 software upgrade as well and can use ~90% of the apps in the app store, excluding the ones that require gps/speaker/mic of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.