Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi all,

I use three different Macs, one at home and two at work. One of the ones at work and the one at home seem to be having an issue with the BBC iPlayer radio website. It loads the website, but won't allow the station to be played. They don't have the same OS and this has only become an "issue" in the last 10 days, can anyone make any suggestions as to how to fix this? I wondered if it was maybe an issue with Flash player or plugins on Chrome?

Many thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If you have any plugins in Chrome you can disable them to check. The link to that setting is chrome://extensions/ .

I have the "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" plugin and it seems to prevent certain streaming or audio/video web stuff from working properly...occasionally.

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
If you have any plugins in Chrome you can disable them to check. The link to that setting is chrome://extensions/ .

I have the "Disable HTML5 Autoplay" plugin and it seems to prevent certain streaming or audio/video web stuff from working properly...occasionally.

Hi, apparently I don't have that plugin on my extensions. All I have is an AdBlocker and Flash Player 1.2. Maybe it's the AdBlocker but if not have you got any other suggestions?

fgduthie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Try to turn off the adblocker. I had the same issue with NRJ Radio Online.
Turned off the adblocker and it worked.
Tried this, still doesn't seem to want to load/play the station. It's only happened in the last week so I have no idea of what could've been updated to effect this so. Especially with the other computer I listen to using an old Mac OsX

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.