Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
installed the app and it looks great, however the Trade screen is just blank. I wonder if this piece is not working yet

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Okay, logged out and back in a few times and the trading screen is operational now. fantastic app!!!

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Doesn't seem to combine accts. The acct I login to gives me access to my SEP, my Roth, and my Cash accts. This just gives me one.

Anyone know how to get it to see all your accts?

But yeah, this thing is slick!

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Doesn't seem to combine accts. The acct I login to gives me access to my SEP, my Roth, and my Cash accts. This just gives me one.

Anyone know how to get it to see all your accts?

But yeah, this thing is slick!

the combined account works fine for me. i have my trading and IRA accounts linked under the same login. I am able to toggle between the two. You toggle between multiple accounts through the Configure screen, at the bottom you will be given a scroll wheel with the accounts available, you select the one you want to trade with and then go to the trade screen.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
i logged in again and the trade screen is blank again. buggy? anyone else experiencing this where the trade screen appears sometimes and doesn't appear other times? i wonder if this is something that is controlled via some kind of back end server.

*Edit* confirmed from their support forum that the above is a bug:

http://istockmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11

X86BSD

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Kansas, USA
looks good, too bad i have e-trade.

Seconded! I even wrote E-Trade when they came out with their "mobile app" for the *blackberry*. Talk about missed opportunities. They picked the wrong platform to spend development time on. Anyway they said they would forward my request to the appropriate people. In other words it probably wound up in a bin somewhere. I can see this app making me move from ETrade to Ameritrade and taking all my accounts with me. ETrade needs to get on the ball here.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Seconded! I even wrote E-Trade when they came out with their "mobile app" for the *blackberry*. Talk about missed opportunities. They picked the wrong platform to spend development time on. Anyway they said they would forward my request to the appropriate people. In other words it probably wound up in a bin somewhere. I can see this app making me move from ETrade to Ameritrade and taking all my accounts with me. ETrade needs to get on the ball here.

good reason to make the swtich to ameritrade :) not to mention with the exposure to the mortgage markets that etrade has, i would be nervous to have any account with them right now.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I have Schwab, and zero interest in short-term gaming. I'm in for the long haul :) But I can see how playing the short term could be fun and even profitable if you're into that (and do it well). I hope this app is secure!

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

How do we know this app isn't a scam to steal account info? Cause it's not released by Td ameritrade.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

How do we know this app isn't a scam to steal account info? Cause it's not released by Td ameritrade.

Because this app is featured on ameritrade's website as a premier partner tool:

http://www.tdameritrade.com/tradingtools/partnertools.html

That's as good a seal of approval as you're going to get

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona

Blind faith in apple's vetting. If anybody wants to switch to tdameritrade PM me if you wanna give me some free trades for the referral.

ogdogg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Arizona
Just my 2 cents. It'd be nice if your positions showed fractions of shares for those of us who reinvest dividends. It'd also be nice if you could tap on your stock positions and their chart would come up.

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
Does not really seem like their cup of tea, but it would get more revenue out of me...

They make their money from trades. The more they can get people to trade, the more money they make. It's definitely their cup of tea. I have been with TD Ameritrade since it was "Waterhouse Securities" about 25 years ago. They have always been one of the first to accept new technologies while maintaining the old as well. That is why you can still "call your broker" or walk into one of their local offices and talk to someone in person if you want to. At the same time, as a business their goal is to make their company more appealing than their competitors, and the more innovative they can be, the more appealing they will be to prospective customers ("clients").

aimfire

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Sunnyvale, CA
Wow, this looks really good - installing it now!

Question: Why does Apple continue to mess with the release dates?
This app is dated Sept 2 in the app store... yet it just came out on the 11th?

This is how I miss things...

MaxMaxMax

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Hi guys! I am iStockManager developer.
Hope you like it!
We are making it even better.
Please use this software as much as you can.
Try to trade from there.
Get used to it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.