Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
They make their money from trades. The more they can get people to trade, the more money they make. It's definitely their cup of tea. I have been with TD Ameritrade since it was "Waterhouse Securities" about 25 years ago. They have always been one of the first to accept new technologies while maintaining the old as well. That is why you can still "call your broker" or walk into one of their local offices and talk to someone in person if you want to. At the same time, as a business their goal is to make their company more appealing than their competitors, and the more innovative they can be, the more appealing they will be to prospective customers ("clients").

I know how they make revenue, thanks... I meant that developing tools like this does not seem to be something Scottrade really shoots for.

iMacIreland

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
I tried to download this app for my iPhone but it said that it was unavailable in the iTunes Ireland store, does anyone know how I can get it???

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I can't find this app in the app store anymore. Did it get removed?

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
contact Scottrade and make one for them plz! :D

It's not that simple. TD Ameritrade makes available API's to connect to their trading infrastructure, that is why ameritrade has so many more different applications via their "partners" that clients can trade through. i.e. Blocks technical analysis software by worden is another one.

I don't believe scottrade allows any 3rd party devs to access their trading infrastructure, hence not likely to happen.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Hi guys! I am iStockManager developer.
Hope you like it!
We are making it even better.
Please use this software as much as you can.
Try to trade from there.
Get used to it!

Let's get a simple combined accts view. I want to see all my holdings in all linked accts at the same time, just like the website.

gp27

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
iStockManager (TD Ameritrade trading app) is in the app store now!!!

I installed this.. Awesome!!...
Waiting for options to be enabled..:)

MaxMaxMax

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I can't find this app in the app store anymore. Did it get removed?

We had some problems with search, but solved now.
HE ARE THERE, WE HAVE NOT BEEN REMOVED!
Find us in the FINANCE section.
Or search for "istockmanager"

wowotoe

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Good job MaxMaxMax!

I just made over $500 on Friday while I was out to lunch and did two short trades.

I have couple suggestions that I think might be useful (at least for me :) )

1. Access to Triggers
2. Ability to edit orders (right now the only option is to cancel the order)
3. Calculator. I can use my brain or exit the program and use iPhone' built-in calculator. But if there is an one incorpated with iStockManager, that'll be awesome! Every seconds is important :D
4. Ability to not lock the iPhone while this program is running.

Thanks for this wonderful program!

MaxMaxMax

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Good job MaxMaxMax!

I just made over $500 on Friday while I was out to lunch and did two short trades.

I have couple suggestions that I think might be useful (at least for me :) )

1. Access to Triggers
2. Ability to edit orders (right now the only option is to cancel the order)
3. Calculator. I can use my brain or exit the program and use iPhone' built-in calculator. But if there is an one incorpated with iStockManager, that'll be awesome! Every seconds is important :D
4. Ability to not lock the iPhone while this program is running.

Thanks for this wonderful program!

1. That feature will be available somewhere in the future.
2. Edit will be available very soon (working on that now)
3. It's a good idea, have to think where to put it.
4. Will have to check, not sure Apple lets you do that, but you can set LOCK: NEVER (Factory settings is 1 minute) from Settings app.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
4. Will have to check, not sure Apple lets you do that, but you can set LOCK: NEVER (Factory settings is 1 minute) from Settings app.

4) maxmax, the sdk should allow you to do it because several apps already include the option to keep the phone from locking, for example there is a setting in datacase that you can enable to keep the phone always on while using the program

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007

For #4 I think you can use code like this:

UIApplication* myApp = [UIApplication sharedApplication];
myApp.idleTimerDisabled = YES;

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
For #4 I think you can use code like this:

UIApplication* myApp = [UIApplication sharedApplication];
myApp.idleTimerDisabled = YES;

If you do offer this, please offer it as a user configurable option. Not everyone would want the iphone to be always on when using the program, and not always under certain circumstances or places. thanks

juice831

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
does td ameritrade have an account minimum? I tried searching and I get different answers like $2000 minimum and others say no minimum so I'm a bit confused.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
does td ameritrade have an account minimum? I tried searching and I get different answers like $2000 minimum and others say no minimum so I'm a bit confused.

there is no minimum for a CASH account. however, i believe that if you want margin, then there is a $2000 account minimum

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
More companies need to recognize the power of iPhone applications. I switched for this app to ameritrade.

App looks great, good job.

bobsegal

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2007
Orlando, FL
Latest update problem with charts

With the current update the charts look better but they don't show "after hours" information. Stops at 4:00 pm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.