Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
generik said:
I guess so.. but then again strictly speaking I doubt MacOS is that secure either, it is just significantly safer because of the smaller market share, and hence fewer gains can be reaped from exploiting flaws in that OS.

Um, no. Why did MacOS (pre X) have viruses? Answer: because it was an insecure OS. The only thing smaller marketshare does is give you a smaller percentage of viruses. Greater security gives you NO viruses.

--Eric

xyian

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2004
PDX
Isn't it nice to actually enjoy your computing experience now?
You don't have to be paranoid anymore. There, there.........it's gonna
be allright.:eek:

1hot5.0

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2005
hcuar said:
It's amazing... I went from anti Mac about 3 years ago to full blown Mac advocate. Apple should thank me for all the switchers I've produced... Although I think that's true of most Mac users. :p

So true. I'll just quote exactly what you said because the true is same for me. :)

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
dmw007 said:
Whats wrong with them currently-

-The Power Mac G5 uses up to four processor cores, is expandable up to 16GB DDR2, and it utilizes PCI-Express graphics.

-The iMac G5 has up to a 2.1GHz G5 (which will give most pc processors a run for its money), up to 2.5GB DDR2, PCI-Express graphics, etc...

Sorry, I guess I dont see what you are talking about specifically.:eek:

Now the laptop side is a bit weaker, but just wait for the intel pentium m processor to show up. :)

Wow dmw007 You can say all You want in one post!

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
I'll be keeping my PC around for a little while just to help with my switch haha. I can't wait for the day I go 100% mac. Unfortunately the Powerbook I got was defective so I had to send it back. I am currently Macless but come Monday I will be back with the sweetness that is my Powerbook!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.