Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Original poster
It's October! Rumors of new LCDs (10/1), new powerbooks(3rd week of October), new iBooks, new Apple digital lifestyle device...

What do you expect this month? What will be updated this month? What do you want this month?

Just a month long thread to funnel thoughts...:)

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
New Displays maybe... Probably powerbooks... maybe ibooks.. but probably not both.... No portable device.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
it's entirely possible we will only see one thing above mentioned that will come out...and maybe even after the month of october

the ibook and tibook could use some modest speed and ram bumps but that may come at mwsf in 2003

though i can't afford it, i would like to see apple make a superdrive tibook that goes 1 ghz:)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
The biggest news in October will be what ever IBM has to say about their new Power4 derived chip.....that will be the future of the Mac I think.

D

TheFink

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2002
Nothing new will come out this month. The deal on the displays is over. No new displays. If anything, Apple will pitch a new incentive deal and nothing more.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by Shrek
A 19" iMac with a faster processor, faster memory, faster BUS speed, bigger hard drive and better video card. Duh.

:D :D :D

you keep thinking that. how much would this 19 inch iMac go for? $2500? No one is going to pay over $2000 for an iMac and apple isn't stupid enough to release that. I understand the move to the 17 inch screen over the 15 inch, but why would apple go 19 inch just 6 weeks later?

tyler

blogo

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2002
Originally posted by TyleRomeo

you keep thinking that. how much would this 19 inch iMac go for? $2500? No one is going to pay over $2000 for an iMac and apple isn't stupid enough to release that. I understand the move to the 17 inch screen over the 15 inch, but why would apple go 19 inch just 6 weeks later?

tyler

The problem with people here is that they don't have a sense of humor

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA

tyler

This is all based on previous rumors. Like I said, no one really knows for sure. ;)

TMJ1974

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Where are the new displays

I am guessing that since there is no update yet, there will be none today :-(

Very dissappointed:(

I guess I will have to look at the current "old" displays, as I need to get one.

Tim

finchna

macrumors regular
May 30, 2002

tyler

Perhaps a continuing move towards the computer as appliance. Wouldn't you rather watch your DVDs on a 19" vs. a 17" screen. Suppose at some point the base might change to support big screens--but that might be a different product line--moveable vs. less moveable screens (wall mount with wireless video?)/machines. Perhaps in the business place you could have a big wall mounted display that would allow multiple machines to display images in an organized fashion via wireless--share a variety of designs by different teams in a meeting, share ideas from remote locations, etc.--woops, way off topic and probably a bit into the future, but something we would use. Ciao,

Nathan

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
To answer a previous question:

October 1st was A: the first day Apple's last special on the displays wasnt valid. and B: the first day of Quarter 4

mr evil brkfast

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I am starting to think that we'll be seeing perhaps new screens before the end of the month, may a new digital device; but no new hardware until next year.

I know that's a sad prediction, but I think that we'll see some major upgrades some time next year.

that is of course if Apple wants to stay in business.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by rice_web
Faster iMac or faster PowerBook. Take your pick.
I'll pick faster PowerBook or update powerbooks. That thing needs an update. I'd like to see all most if not all of the product lines hit 1Ghz, but I'm wishing a little too hard. I'd be psyched for a 1 Ghz G3 iBook. That would be a no brainer. Big daddy desktop and a 1 Ghz ibook. You know IBM has it because it's listed on their site.

I predict product announcement on the 18th. Nothing to base this on, just a random guess.

Mac2006

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2002
Texas
Originally posted by Shrek
A 19" iMac with a faster processor, faster memory, faster BUS speed, bigger hard drive and better video card. Duh.

:D :D :D

Next thing well know is yall will be wanting a 23" imac....think about it......not going to happen

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
PowerBook NOW

Apple!

I am ready to spend $3500 today on a PB Ti with 167mhz bus, 1.0Ghz G4, DDR, DVD-R, ATI 9000......Build it and I'll buy it!!!

NOW!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.