Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
... And another wish-list item (which I sent to Apple's feedback site): Burning CDs with CD-TEXT.

My car stereo will display album/track info stored in the CD-TEXT portion of an audio CD. Toast will burn discs with this information. iTunes will not.

Using Toast is no problem when burning unprotected tracks, but it can't burn tracks containing protected songs (from iTMS), which means Apple needs to add this feature to iTunes.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
shamino said:
... And another wish-list item (which I sent to Apple's feedback site): Burning CDs with CD-TEXT.

My car stereo will display album/track info stored in the CD-TEXT portion of an audio CD. Toast will burn discs with this information. iTunes will not.

Using Toast is no problem when burning unprotected tracks, but it can't burn tracks containing protected songs (from iTMS), which means Apple needs to add this feature to iTunes.

Agreed, I thought it was a pain when taking a iTunes burned CD and trying to import it back into iTunes. Then I got the MB free tunes and did the CD's before importing into iTunes, by burning them with Toast - and was surprised that the information on the tracks came through on import.

Tuned MP5T

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2004
New York City
I've got one minor issue that I hope Apple fixes. It's with songs that feature one or more artist. For example if 50 Cent has one song with Eminem and then one song with G-Unit, iTunes would create "Artist's" for each song. I use the browse feature in my Library.

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
KAREOKE OPTION!!

Trowaman said:
to mjburling:

YES!!! GREAT IDEA!!!! I really want the lyrics. Those would rule oh so badly. Think of it, iTunes with a kareoke option. I would love to see the lyrics to some songs where the artists sometimes muble or are drowned out/

Ohh this would be soo great. Another great turn on for windows switchers and could be such a great fun feature

Picture an apple add with a tiny 12" pb attached to a big flatscreen TV with the lyrics to the song, and like a mic in the audio in port with people singing along

Ohh i love it

And the many other great ideas

Chip Chanko

macrumors member
May 1, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
how about batch file relinking...like if you copy all of your music library from one drive to another. instead of having to relink each and every file it would be smart enough to find the rest once you relink one if the hierarchy was still the same. i've had to re-create my library a few times because of this and each time i lose all my playlists.

also...allow the ipods to use the "compilation" feature for crying out loud.

sacear

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
G5Unit said:
I'd like to see combing songs into one big song with like fading out options.
I don't use that feature, yet it is currently an available feature in iTunes, right? I have heard of others doing that.

Chip Chanko said:
how about batch file relinking...like if you copy all of your music library from one drive to another. instead of having to relink each and every file it would be smart enough to find the rest once you relink one if the hierarchy was still the same. i've had to re-create my library a few times because of this and each time i lose all my playlists.
I have re-created my playlists also, several times, and have never lost any playlists or links to songs. I just "Import" my library and playlists into iTunes from my back-up "Export" files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.