Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
If jailbroken with Spirit, Comex just tweeted: DO NOT UPDATE TO ITUNES 9.2 IF YOU ARE USING SPIRIT until I learn what's going on.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Thanks for that update, although I think those of us that jailbreaks should know well enough not to update anything from Apple.

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
I updated to the 9.2 beta floating around last week, and I have had no ill effects with my iPad. :)

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
just looked into this, here is what i found.

For those that are already jailbroke, you can safely update to 9.2

For those that are not jailbroke yet and want to be sometime in the future, do not update to 9.2 yet.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
If jailbroken with Spirit, Comex just tweeted: DO NOT UPDATE TO ITUNES 9.2 IF YOU ARE USING SPIRIT until I learn what's going on.

Been using 9.2 for about a week. Restored and Spirited my iPad and it works fine.

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
My iPad works perfectly since 9.2. Nothing has changed including all of my cracked apps still work as well as a book not bought on the bookstore! Go update!

AppleZwei

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
My iPad works perfectly since 9.2. Nothing has changed including all of my cracked apps still work as well as a book not bought on the bookstore! Go update!

How do I keep cracked apps from Installous installed with syncing?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^^^ He's being rude?

Look guys read the forum rules. Any discussion which provides information and assistance in the procurement of illegally obtained, copyrighted material is not allowed on this forum.

Those are the rules whether you like them or not and they are somthing you agree to abide as long as you wish to partake on this forum.

Regardless whether you agree or not, that's the nub of the matter. Take discussions and advice elsewhere.

As for the actual topic, so what is significant about 9.2 that has comex ruffled ?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
How do I keep cracked apps from Installous installed with syncing?

BUY THEM!!!

If you can afford an Apple iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch, you can afford the apps for them. Unless your mom & pops bought your iDevice for you.

Back to the original subject of this thread. I used a Beta 9.2 and was able to Spirit my iPad. Also, when I tried to update iTunes to the final release, I got a notification that I did not need to update. So I don't know what the issue is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.