Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Does anyone have issues with the contact pics part of messages customiser causing the app to crash and not open? I am using an iPod touch so would like to enable that feature, but read elsewhere that it works for others.

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I took the plunge and went from 8.4 to 9.3.3 on my 6+.
Definitely regret it, since it's more buggy and as yet I don't see any advantages, plus the uncertainty of eventually expiring certificates. But at least I've finally got everything almost set up like I like it again. The main pieces missing for me are....

Eclair (phone opens to home screen after lock, rather than the last app)

Infinidock (unlimited scrolling dock)

PortraitLock (allows rotation lock to be set on per-app basis) Alternatively, how about a way to use the ringer switch for rotation lock? Apparently this was part of some iOS 9 betas, but removed in 9.3.3. There was a tweak in the past called RingerSwitchTool I think, but it wasn't even working on iOS 8.

Anyone know of any working beta versions or alternatives that serve similar functions?

thx

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I took the plunge and went from 8.4 to 9.3.3 on my 6+.
Definitely regret it, since it's more buggy and as yet I don't see any advantages, plus the uncertainty of eventually expiring certificates. But at least I've finally got everything almost set up like I like it again. The main pieces missing for me are....

Eclair (phone opens to home screen after lock, rather than the last app)

Infinidock (unlimited scrolling dock)

Anyone know of any working beta versions or alternatives that serve similar functions?

thx

Just out of curiosity, what's buggy about your jailbreak? I don't think I've ever had a jailbreak as bug free as this one.

Reactions: max2

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Just out of curiosity, what's buggy about your jailbreak? I don't think I've ever had a jailbreak as bug free as this one.
That's what I heard, so I went ahead and did it. I'm getting lagging and "stuttering" in many places. There's a serious lag when activating spotlight but mostly just not as smooth as before all around. Settings app crashes on launch occasionally and settings seem to not always stay where I set them.
It's not horrible and hopefully things will improve as tweaks get optimized and updated.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
That's what I heard, so I went ahead and did it. I'm getting lagging and "stuttering" in many places. There's a serious lag when activating spotlight but mostly just not as smooth as before all around. Settings app crashes on launch occasionally and settings seem to not always stay where I set them.
It's not horrible and hopefully things will improve as tweaks get optimized and updated.
That sounds pretty terrible. I'm having none of those issues. Maybe you should try starting from scratch (if that's possible).

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Sure is! Should be in the default Cydia BigBoss repo.

Weird it's not in my BigBoss Repo !

Edit -,wasn't looking in the System category.

However it's showing as version 2.2.0-1

"This product is not supported for your iOS version. "

Last edited:

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Weird it's not in my BigBoss Repo !

Edit -,wasn't looking in the System category.

However it's showing as version 2.2.0-1

"This product is not supported for your iOS version. "

2.2.0-1 is working for me on 9.3.3 on iPhone 6+ and iPad Pro 12.9.
The only issue I've seen as that "show application names" isn't working.
[doublepost=1470684827][/doublepost]FYI: I just got Infinidock working on 9.3.3.

You need to install HSMapFix from https://repo.cpdigitaldarkroom.com/ repo first.

Working with no issues so far on my iPhone 6+

Reactions: bandofbrothers

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
2.2.0-1 is working for me on 9.3.3 on iPhone 6+ and iPad Pro 12.9.
The only issue I've seen as that "show application names" isn't working.
[doublepost=1470684827][/doublepost]FYI: I just got Infinidock working on 9.3.3.

You need to install HSMapFix from https://repo.cpdigitaldarkroom.com/ repo first.

Working with no issues so far on my iPhone 6+

I installed HSMapFix with no problem, but Cydia won't allow me to install Infinidock. There's a recheck button in place of the install button. :-(

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I installed HSMapFix with no problem, but Cydia won't allow me to install Infinidock. There's a recheck button in place of the install button. :-(
That's odd. Had you previously purchased infinidock? It seems Cydia will let you install previous purchases, but won't always let you install new "incompatible" ones.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
9.3.3 is still being signed AFAIK

Am I crazy for not updating? I am on a 6S running 9.1 w/JB

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Guys the Google Doc list says that the tweak Zepplin is unknown to be working on iOS 9.3.3

Anyone using it or another option to change the Carrier name ?

gilverx

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2015
Guys the Google Doc list says that the tweak Zepplin is unknown to be working on iOS 9.3.3

Anyone using it or another option to change the Carrier name ?

I'm using zepplin on 9.3.3 without any issues. buggy sometimes, but a respring will fix it.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I haven't jailbroken in a long time but it seems that most of these bugs will get ironed out within a couple of months no?

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
That's odd. Had you previously purchased infinidock? It seems Cydia will let you install previous purchases, but won't always let you install new "incompatible" ones.

I did have Infinidock before, so I don't know what's going on. I looked at my list of purchases in Cydia, and for some reason Infinidock is not listed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.