Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seungmook.lee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Well, I've done wit my iPhone 4 jailbreak things, but iPad 3.2.1 doesn't work with jailbreakme.com. Should it work or not?

soconne

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
I can't get it working on my iPad wifi only model. The website says "it appears the installer has crashed....this may not work". Anybody know a solution.

efegue

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
My iPad doesn't work too. I have a 3G iPad 3.2.1 and it just stuck at purple screen.. I've tried to direct download the pdf but it doesn't do anything.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
hey you guys, if you are having problem with jailbreakme just showing the purple screen, try this,
i found a solution at modmyi and it worked for me.

RESET your network settings and go to jailbreakme.modmyi.com

it worked for me!

efegue

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
hmm... nop.
Modmyi still have the old version before the fix, it crashes my 3G iPad.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
hmm... nop.
Modmyi still have the old version before the fix, it crashes my 3G iPad.

thats weird i just did mine right before i posted the one i tried. maybe because you have a 3g ipad? i have the wifi version.

Leo99756

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2009
thats weird i just did mine right before i posted the one i tried. maybe because you have a 3g ipad? i have the wifi version.

3G iPads owners have had problems with the jailbreak, the creators of the page are said to be fixing this.

biggy52

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Tanzania (East Africa)
Jailbroke iPad 3G 16GB 3.2.1

UPDATE :: its a hit and miss solution. I tried again, and i can replicate my success. Will just wait for an update on the JB. Sorry

Hello,

Ive been hawking these forums since last night, when i had a problem and couldnt jailbreak my ipad 3g on 3.2.1 using the jailbreakme.com site.

Ive been trying various methods all day. Finally this is what i did and it worked for me, i hope it helps you all too.

1. Switch off the ipad
2. Remove your simcard. And keep it removed.
3. Switch on your ipad
4. Go to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings
4. Go to Settings > Safari and Clear Cookies and Cache
5. in Settings > Safari > Accept cookies to ALWAYS
6. in Settings > Safari > Block Popups (Disable it : Off)
7. Go to Settings > Wifi > in your network name, click the blue arrow and set DNS to 8.8.8.8
8. DONT GO TO THE JAILBREAKME SITE. Go to http://jailbreakme.com/_/ and click on the iPad 1,1 3.2.1.pdf and amazingly it started jailbreaking.

I know these steps are redundant to many others, i tried all of them in different ways all day, but doing it in this proper sequence worked.

I know people got the blank page on the pdf file, i did too all day, but this time it worked.

Cheerz

P.S i cross posted on 3 other threads on iPad hacks section , so those having problems like me, wouldnt miss on the solution. Sorry

brooklyn360

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Uh? If it works on a 3g 16gb, it must work on the others...

Anyone else with a successful jb iPad 3G?
I wont be able to go home and do a backup, can I jb from the website on 3G?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.