Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This is more than a challenge. Last month I was unemployed so I walked more than normal. So now my challenge is set from that level. But I’ve got a job starting on Monday. Can’t see me getting this one

View attachment 1704785
I had to Google to see what that was in miles! Cross trainer before I start work and a lunchtime walk is how I do it when I'm at work. In lighter months an evening walk as well. But no chance of that for a while!

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
Mine is to do 1,330 exercise minutes this month, that should be doable.

Attachments

• Jan2020Challenge.jpeg
    Jan2020Challenge.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 82

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Given it’s winter distance is my least favourite challenge. Icy roads. Dark not exactly good for covering any distance. My main form of exercise is a cross trainer but that gives me nothing in terms of distance covered! Oh well. I’ll see what I can do.
Agree. Icy, snow covered roads plus cold windy weather aren't inviting. Heck, I have a treadmill and getting in six miles a day would be a challenge because it would be boring work. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
got this, odd since I do cycling pretty much every day, indoor/outdoor, and I do an outdoor walk activity maybe 5 times/year ... so will keep my cycling activity up and see where this ends up

View attachment 1704732
What if you tie your watch to your ankle?

Anyhow, this is mine for the month. It should be doable, not exactly easy (I only "exercise" about 4-5 days per week; meaning on the weeks I exercise 4 days I'd have to get 66 daily minutes), but not too hard either.

IMG_1010.PNG

Last edited:

sixtydashone

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
I missed my December goal because we had too many rainy days but this one should be no problem. One good cycling workout in the morning is enough to at least close the move ring, and then just moving about normally throughout the rest of the day is usually more than enough to double it well before bed time.

IMG_0703.PNG

AdrianaP

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2020
Mine is to burn 11 100 kcal, about 347 per day, which is just a tiny bit more than my monthly average.

I got the notification right at midnight, after that cute fireworks animation on the watch. I'm not gonna lie, reading "11 100 kcal" really bummed me out just when I was celebrating the New Year LOL!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Interested to know those who have double your move goal as a challenge, do you have a specifically low move goal everyday? Mine is set to 440 Kcal. Is yours similar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.