Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acidflame

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
This whole lawsuit between apple and moto(now google owned) is complete bs and the judge should of ruled for apple a long time ago. Apple was the first to make a well designed smartphone and proved that it wasn't about the hardware(apple does have kick ass hardware though) but more about the user experience and feel! None of these androids have it...None of them...Beyond the custom launchers and few apps on the device its still android and the apps run like crap.

Now I have only owned android devices, but I once used a 3gs that was a friends and it still is 3x better than any of these quad core phones running android!

Now why did I say all this smack? I want the device manufacturers to innovate and make new and better devices rather than trying to copy apples designs and failing because the android code beneath is buggy....Plus UPDATE your dang devices once in a while moto,google,....etc android manufactures! Apple gives updates for at least two years on iphone and ipad, lasts beyond contract at least! Apple admits their faults and issues updates and I like this.

This is why I'll buy the iphone 5, It will get updated or fixed and I'll have a good device that doesnt frustrate me to why I dont get this feature and that feature when my hardware is perfectly capable.I know apple does this but way less, and they dont do it till the device is already two years old.

I had a moto bionic, didnt see a update forever, bad battery life,horrid signal loss, htc rezound FREAKING terrible battery life, Nexus with extended battery HORRID battery life and heat!...you get what I mean...and this is personal experience with the devices, I still have the rezound and nexus so yes I can prove it hehe.

Anyways, Innovate not copy and the world will be a better place and many will buy the superior device. This time it goes to apple! their devices are superior and I regret EVER saying anything bad about iphones because they really are better in lots of ways!

I will have a iphone 5 in hand soon! I can smell it coming

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Ranting? The way I see it, every day in court, Samsung takes more guilt.

acidflame

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Yea, I had to blow some smoke off, really mad about the whole apple vs samsung vs crap...it ruins innovation

albertc

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
Austin, TX
So you are saying that the iPhone 3GS is better than the Samsung Galaxy S3 and that android specs like a 1280x720 resolution screen and 2GB of RAM isn't innovative? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
So you are saying that the iPhone 3GS is better than the Samsung Galaxy S3 and that android specs like a 1280x720 resolution screen and 2GB of RAM isn't innovative? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

2 GB for a smartphone should be excessive, it's more of an eye-catching spec than anything. And notice how the high-resolution 720p screens were spurred by the iPhone's Retina display. You can't call Samsung innovative for putting a 720p display on their flagship phone.

albertc

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
Austin, TX
It may be excessive right now, but its advancements in hardware that let allow better software to be developed. And if a 720p display in a phone isn't innovative, I dont know what is.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006

Thats not innovation its just common sense natural evolution

Mgf95

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
I personally loved my droid bionic. I got a longer battery life on 3G with that thing I have ever gotten on my 4s. And it ran smooth if you rooted it and got rid of Motoblur.

And that screen on the galaxy s3 screen IMO is very close to the iPhone in the time I spent playing with it

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
The way I see it is this.

Nerds prefer Android

Everyone else prefers Iphone.

You see it in the marketing, androids is all "It comes with a 2.49ghz processor with built in duo eye core nipple cream software, running on 8 streams of Jellybean Vomit Flavor with a 291 megapixel digital camera"

Iphone is like "here is someone reading a book on a couch"

More people can relate to the person on the couch, and have no clue what the processor or any of that is.

I've had a journey with Android products and I'm never going back. It was horrible, and I literally counted down the days until I got my 4S in the mail.

I'm a part of the Apple Ecosystem. The specs are nice, the build quality is great, and with Apple the price and expenses come from the entire package, not just what is in the machine. Thats what Android fanboys cant and will never understand.

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
Sounds like you bought all the crap android phones and non of the good ones. You only have yourself to blame.

Also apple wasn't first. Smartphones had been about for a long time and the first iphone sucked as bad as the rest at the time. You could barely make a call on it. So stop talking crap

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
Funny that's exactly what people said about the iphone when it was new and people used a normal phone with a 5 day battery life.

Now suddenly because you all use a iphone they are the nerds?

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
You don't even have an idea which suit your even talking about.

Ruled in apples favour? Why exactly?

There should be no suits full stop. Just fair licencing of technology patents. The US patent system is a joke. And the world is laughing.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
And notice how the high-resolution 720p screens were spurred by the iPhone's Retina display.

Uh ? How did Apple "spur" high resolution screens exactly ? They weren't exactly the first ones to ship them. In fact, the HTC Nexus One beat them by quite a few months, not to mention other very high resolution phones, like the 2007 Toshiba Protege G900 with its 316 PPI 3" screen (Retina display much ?).

No sorry, the iPhone's retina display did not spur anything. If anything, Apple was late in entering the high resolution screen game.

notkodysmith

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
2 GB for a smartphone should be excessive, it's more of an eye-catching spec than anything. And notice how the high-resolution 720p screens were spurred by the iPhone's Retina display. You can't call Samsung innovative for putting a 720p display on their flagship phone.

should be excessive? I think it isexcessive. RAM is useful for speeding up the use of applications off a hard drive, but in this case (on both the iPhone and android phones, whatever the model) its coming off flash memory, so it doesnt need to be as much as all that.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
should be excessive? I think it isexcessive. RAM is useful for speeding up the use of applications off a hard drive, but in this case (on both the iPhone and android phones, whatever the model) its coming off flash memory, so it doesnt need to be as much as all that.

So by your definition 8gb on your MB(in your sig) should be excessive. I have 8gb on my MBP and never max out, and I multitask heavy. Rarely even come close.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Uh ? How did Apple "spur" high resolution screens exactly ? They weren't exactly the first ones to ship them. In fact, the HTC Nexus One beat them by quite a few months, not to mention other very high resolution phones, like the 2007 Toshiba Protege G900 with its 316 PPI 3" screen (Retina display much ?).

No sorry, the iPhone's retina display did not spur anything. If anything, Apple was late in entering the high resolution screen game.

But they never really sold en-mass which the iPhone did, therefore popularising high resolution displays with the public. They never really have been the first at anything, however they waited and implemented the new technologies RIGHT and made them consumer friendly.

notkodysmith

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
So by your definition 8gb on your MB(in your sig) should be excessive. I have 8gb on my MBP and never max out, and I multitask heavy. Rarely even come close.

Well no, because it's accessing items from a HDD. Flash memory is quickly accessable, so having a buffer of a small ammount of flash to help speed up your access to a larger ammount of flash memory doesnt seem to make sense to me. If I am wrong, I am completely open to being told exactly why, that's just how i understand it. I'm sure that the phone runs great, and is probabily the best experience on android to date. I have a friend who is getting one and will let me fiddle with it too, kind of interested to see how smoothe it runs.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Well what do you define as innovation then?

Nifty features that haven't been implemented/thought of before and directly affect the end user. These features usually set the standards too.

Packing in more memory to run an OS isn't innovative. In fact its arguably more innovative to design a complex OS to run with minimal amounts of RAM.

Hi-Res screens is something that is already par for course on touchscreen slab phones. 960x640 was innovative, never had there been so many pixels packed into a small handheld screen...so much so that you could no longer discern them. It also directly affected the general UX. 1280x800 is just a natural evolution of that.

In other words the move to 1080p HD from SD was innovative. The move to 4K res is just more pixel packing...a natural evolution

Thats my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
But they never really sold en-mass which the iPhone did, therefore popularising high resolution displays with the public. They never really have been the first at anything, however they waited and implemented the new technologies RIGHT and made them consumer friendly.

Are you suggesting the HTC Desire (which was almost identical to the Nexus One) didn't sell "en-mass"?

It was one of the most popular Android handsets of its time.

http://eurodroid.com/2010/04/17/thr...tock-upgrades-for-existing-customers-stopped/

http://eurodroid.com/2010/04/15/orange-high-demand-for-htc-desire-leading-to-delays/

Can you also explain how a high resolution display is any more consumer friendly on an Apple device than it is on a non apple device? A display is a display after all in my opinion.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
are you suggesting the htc desire (which was almost identical to the nexus one) didn't sell "en-mass"?

It was one of the most popular android handsets of its time.

http://eurodroid.com/2010/04/17/thr...tock-upgrades-for-existing-customers-stopped/

http://eurodroid.com/2010/04/15/orange-high-demand-for-htc-desire-leading-to-delays/

can you also explain how a high resolution display is any more consumer friendly on an apple device than it is on a non apple device? A display is a display after all in my opinion.

kitty!!!!!!!!

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Are you suggesting the HTC Desire (which was almost identical to the Nexus One) didn't sell "en-mass"?

It was one of the most popular Android handsets of its time.

Can you also explain how a high resolution display is any more consumer friendly on an Apple device than it is on a non apple device? A display is a display after all in my opinion.

just like they are doing with the rMBP now, bringing high resolution displays to the masses, they package them well. But the HTC Desire didn't sell as many as the iPhone 4 now did it?

Just because it was first and sold ok doesn't mean it marketed the technology making it household names does it?

I know you want <anything android> to be better than Apple. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.