Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
lightning cables and the old magsafe connectors are really tiny. The small contacts have to with stand a lot of current. I just dont trust these connectors. I hear the same mechanical engineering team that designed the butterfly keyboard also worked on these connectors.

for what its worth
linky to a Forbs article on the portless iPhone13:

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Might as well ask this here:
Anyone using lightning cables with a magnetic port ala the old magsafe from macbooks?
What is the long term usage durability of this kind of product?
Better question is what brand IF any, sell a connector with a strong enough magnet to be of any use short term let alone long term.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Better question is what brand IF any, sell a connector with a strong enough magnet to be of any use short term let alone long term.

I’ve been using the same brand for usb-c to usb-c magnetic converter on my ipad pro for 7 months without issue now, but still using Apple cable for that. While this one is using their own cable. So what I’m doubting is more to the cable and lightning tip quality I guess ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.