Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tremble

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
Australia
Lol.... just Lol. Its hilarious how you seem to not understand the definition of a rumor...

rumour US, rumor [ˈruːmə]
n

1. a. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
    b. (in combination) a rumour-monger​
  2. gossip or hearsay
  3. Archaic din or clamour
  4. Obsolete fame or reputation

If it is such a burden for you to keep reading these rumors... they why are you visiting this site?

robtpatrick

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Quincy, Ma
Not my job!

By now the rumor started by MacDailyNews, MacRumors and MacFixit did not come true; it is "obligatory that these sites display "journalistic ethics" in their posting of such events which "did not come true" The Find my Phone being a part of iOS 4 makes sense, but the posting of a rumor on May 7th starting all this hype was not necessary. I am not the responsible idiot that posted the rumor or alllowed the rumor to be published; if it were not published, than intelligence as we were taught would have been used.
Remember the service is still $99 a year, even with the changes posted but NO option for a Paid-Free option which was rumored.

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
By now the rumor started by MacDailyNews, MacRumors and MacFixit did not come true; it is "obligatory that these sites display "journalistic ethics" in their posting of such events which "did not come true" The Find my Phone being a part of iOS 4 makes sense, but the posting of a rumor on May 7th starting all this hype was not necessary. I am not the responsible idiot that posted the rumor or alllowed the rumor to be published; if it were not published, than intelligence as we were taught would have been used.
Remember the service is still $99 a year, even with the changes posted but NO option for a Paid-Free option which was rumored.

Oh I wasn't aware that the rumors said MobileMe would be going free on June 18, 2010. Silly me thought they said it was a possibility in the upcoming future. :rolleyes:

robtpatrick

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Quincy, Ma
Still not my job!

1. It Ain't Free: Contrary to some rumors suggesting Apple would offer MobileMe for free, the cloud-based service is still $99 a year in subscription.
This statement from one of the sites claiming a "Free-Paid service did not in fact happen; Implimentation of Find my iPhone/iPad etc did happen, but the journalistic punishment did not in fact take place. I am aware that anything in the future could be a reality, but the "rumor" posted by MacDailyNews started on May 7th; do we have to wait for two months or more for something to happen spontaenously? Is that what happened as the rumors were spread? Obviously Not!

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
By now if MacDailyNews had their act together, then a post, with attached documentation would have been presented; that is good business, and protects the finances of those paying $99. A rumor is great, but after over a month without any"evidence" writing or otherwise then it becomes a burden for anyone shelling out $99; remember that IF this becomes reality, and if someone has paid for their yearly membrship, then unless there is an about face" on refunds, then the paying member has lost $99.
As far as logic is concerned, Apple is very secretive; since they are, I cannot justify paying $99 for something that at one time was free.
My whole post was directed to those who are "paying members", and to "watch" for the "writing on the wall"

Jesus dude... give me your address, I'll pay you $99 a year to never post here again.

Neolithium

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever the army needs me.
1. It Ain't Free: Contrary to some rumors suggesting Apple would offer MobileMe for free, the cloud-based service is still $99 a year in subscription.
This statement from one of the sites claiming a "Free-Paid service did not in fact happen; Implimentation of Find my iPhone/iPad etc did happen, but the journalistic punishment did not in fact take place. I am aware that anything in the future could be a reality, but the "rumor" posted by MacDailyNews started on May 7th; do we have to wait for two months or more for something to happen spontaenously? Is that what happened as the rumors were spread? Obviously Not!

Your head is obviously thick enough to withstand the blast of a nuclear weapon. MobileMe becoming free is a RUMOR, do you know what a rumor is? I think you should by now considering there are several pages of members trying to explain that relatively simple concept to you. I looked over a few of the updates on that particular rumor, not ONE of them had a specific date set saying "On XXXX MobileMe will become free". I fail to see how you still cannot comprehend this in the least, it's like talking to a houseplant.

Just because a rumor started on a date, doesn't mean it will happen within hours, days, weeks, or months. There were rumors of several things regarding Apple that took SEVERAL MONTHS before they could be confirmed or disproven. For some reason you're expecting the world to apologize for continuing the speculation, or Jobs to send an open letter going "OH MY GOD EVERYONE, I'M SO SORRY, MOBILEME IS NOW FREE FOR THE WORLD!" Seriously go start MacFacts.com and annoy the hell out of someone else, your posts are nothing but repeating themselves and are nothing short of absurd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.