Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I just got a MBA today. 2.13, 128 SSD. I love it. It's loading snow leopard from my macbook at the moment. Took me a couple of times to get the wireless share correct but I managed.

The lightweight form is amazing. So far. I love my MBA.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Congratulations and well done on getting a fantastic new MBA. May you and your splendid new MBA live long together and prosper and may you get many years enjoyable computing from it. I'm impressed - and envious! Some day I hope to make a similar post. Have a good time with it....

Cheers and good luck

mackhydr4

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2009
I just got a MBA today. 2.13, 128 SSD. I love it. It's loading snow leopard from my macbook at the moment. Took me a couple of times to get the wireless share correct but I managed.

Congratulations!!!

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I really do enjoy the computer already. Only a few hours later. My temp is hovering in the 50 degrees Celsius. Is that normal?

I can't wait to be mobile with this and not just at my desk at work.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Congratulations and well done on getting a fantastic new MBA. May you and your splendid new MBA live long together and prosper and may you get many years enjoyable computing from it. I'm impressed - and envious! Some day I hope to make a similar post. Have a good time with it....

Cheers and good luck

Dude, he got a new computer, not married. :)

Although I guess on this forum you never know. ;)

Anyway, congrats!

Gadgetman99

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
I really do enjoy the computer already. Only a few hours later. My temp is hovering in the 50 degrees Celsius. Is that normal?

I can't wait to be mobile with this and not just at my desk at work.

My 1.6 Rev B hovers around 50-60 degrees on average. Gets up to 70-80 when watching flash video or running time machine.

Ungjaevel

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2009
Dude, he got a new computer, not married. :)

Although I guess on this forum you never know. ;)

Anyway, congrats!

Ha, my reaction exactly! ;)

But dude... congratulations! Just sitting with my new MBA (same specs as you) after 36 hours... still our honey moon... ;)

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I feel like I did get married to the thing. I went out and bought it a case and a mouse. Now it is happily on my desk at home next to my desktop set up. I love it. I can take it all around the house and out of the house when I want. I love that ability.

Mine is hovering at 48 right now, just kind of chilling. When I was copying files and stuff it spiked, but came right down without much fan action. (iStat toolbar is amazing).

Ahhh life is good.

Gadgetman99

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
I feel like I did get married to the thing. I went out and bought it a case and a mouse. Now it is happily on my desk at home next to my desktop set up. I love it. I can take it all around the house and out of the house when I want. I love that ability.

Mine is hovering at 48 right now, just kind of chilling. When I was copying files and stuff it spiked, but came right down without much fan action. (iStat toolbar is amazing).

Ahhh life is good.

I know how you feel. I drove mine around today looking for accessories as well. The mail man brought my APC external battery today, so now I am just waiting for the magsafe adapter to arrive from China (I expect 4-6 hours of additional battery power with this setup), a leather portfolio case to arrive and my new bluetooth mouse, and Time Capsule. Tomorrow I will drive 1.5 hours to get to Best Buy so they can refund me $120 (since the price dropped again) and then I can look for more accessories there. Life IS good....

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Lol. I figure that after I finish my undergrad, I will get my MBA. With my MBA by my side.

Life is sweet.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Lol. I figure that after I finish my undergrad, I will get my MBA. With my MBA by my side.

Life is sweet.

I actually have multiple MBAs... the 2.13 GHz Apple ... and the one hanging on my wall... um, no I don't have a MacBook Air hanging from a hook on my wall.

Go for the MBA! It's worth it. Either the Apple variety or from a University!

EDIT -- Oh, and congrats on the MBA! I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

ichelle

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2009
Congratulations and welcome to the club. I just got mine a few weeks ago (1.86/SSD) and just installed snow leopard. Screamer!

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Snow Leopard makes this machine so freaking fast. Some of the applications open up before they even bounce twice! I was impressed. And the start up and shut down times are incredible. I think I am getting spoiled by the SSD....lol. I see upgrades for my other computers in the future...

Macintox

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2009
honey moon almost too..

Just got one 2 days ago 2.13/ssd ... fabulous machine...Snow leopard great ...if only Apple had made this superdrive usable with a USB Hub . Aggrrrr should have know better and get a Lacie.
waist of money.. really
Anyone out there with more luck ? which hub ?

Macintox

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2009
I am using the Belkin Mini-hub with the PLextor CD/DVD drive. This works because the Plextor has an internal battery.

O yes many powered CD/DVD writers work on a hub its just the non powered Apple that do not although many had say in these forums that it does, obviously not with My Belkin hub. So I had hope this same someone will give me the name of his hub.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Just got one 2 days ago 2.13/ssd ... fabulous machine...Snow leopard great ...if only Apple had made this superdrive usable with a USB Hub . Aggrrrr should have know better and get a Lacie.
waist of money.. really
Anyone out there with more luck ? which hub ?

Try a different port on the hub first. Second, try a powered hub.

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
yeah. I really want to get a nice USB hub for my desk. Any recommendations?

MikeLord

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2004
Mee too!

Got the same one yesterday with Student Discount (-$100 woohoo!). I was torn between it and the 13" MBP. It's amazing how much heavier the MBP seems compared to this one (4.5 vs. 3 lbs).

I had to do a little housekeeping to get all my stuff on the 128GB SSD, but so far it has been sooooo worth it. I didn't have to get rid of any important files or any apps that I really use.

I'll be making this my main machine, and may add the 24" ACD later.

Just wanted to share. I'm really enjoying my new MBA.

Time to put the first gen 2.4 GHz 24" Alu iMac and ASUS 1005HA Netbook up on Amazon.com. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.