Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Good for you man! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is loving my computer. I may add a ACD soon as well. But I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money....

MikeLord

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2004
my hub is a belkin powered 7 port , it powers anything I have thrown at it but not this Apple superdrive .

BTW, for what its worth, i have a cheap, powered, D-Link 7 port, model number DUB-H7, USB hub hooked up to my MBA which seems to work fine with everything I throw at it. But alas, I do not have an Apple External SuperDrive, I have a Sony DX-840U that I picked up as a refurb at Fry's. Work's like a charm, in fact, seems faster than the SuperDrive in my iMac.

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada
I feel like I did get married to the thing. I went out and bought it a case and a mouse. Now it is happily on my desk at home next to my desktop set up. I love it. I can take it all around the house and out of the house when I want. I love that ability.

Mine is hovering at 48 right now, just kind of chilling. When I was copying files and stuff it spiked, but came right down without much fan action. (iStat toolbar is amazing).

Ahhh life is good.

*pats you on the head* Look at you with your case and mouse. *Peter Griffin giggle* :D

Hope you enjoy it. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.