Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Anyone else curious why Mojave was left out of yesterday's WebKit update party?

Or when the Safari 14.1 "SE, Supplmental Update v2.0, WeReallyFixeditThisTime" version will appear?

PeterLD

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Germany
smooth install, said 38 min at some point but only took a little more than 5 min on my iMac.
Installed as this security issue is hopefully addressed.
Also installed Safari 14.1
I too have installed the security update. I watched a few restarts and lost interest, so I have no idea how long it took. My iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) seems to be running fine so far (about 1 hour).

Reactions: jz0309

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions to keep no external drives connected and just to be safe
I downloaded the Sec Update 003 , restarted the iMac , then installed.

It took 10/15 minutes more or less, everything went smooth but the surprise was
my iMac sound: it has improved a lot!

Reactions: madmin

taylojo

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2021
I’ve just attempted to apply the 2021 003 Catalina update to a late 2013 iMac 21.5, and it hangs every time after restart. The progress bar is fly gets going and then hangs forever. This is on a clean install of Catalina from a USB flash drive just done, no user files or setup really. So hard reboot and will be avoiding this update. Hi n general this machine is incredibly slow (Core i3, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM). Would love to upgrade to SSD but access inside is very complex. Theoretically this iMac is compatible but it’s far slower than my 09 iMac running High Sierra. I may have to revert to Mojave or High Sierra for a usable machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.