Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Has anyone seen where these can be ordered or shipped to the USA? I emailed Kavaj, but haven't heard back yet.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Pretty nice, designed like the orig iPad 1 Apple case, but in leather and high quality. I loved that design, but have since found disfavor with front bezel covering cases. These would be about $75 USD?

alamperti

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Italy
Hi all, I've tested the KAVAJ Berlin. Found a nice case, quite cheap and well made. It seems there's a difference between iPad 2 (leather and PU leather) and iPad 3rd gen version (more expensive but full leather). Here is my KAVAJ Berlin review, Italian language only, sorry!

Ciao :)

T

The Toddfather

Hi all, I've tested the KAVAJ Berlin. Found a nice case, quite cheap and well made. It seems there's a difference between iPad 2 (leather and PU leather) and iPad 3rd gen version (more expensive but full leather). Here is my KAVAJ Berlin review, Italian language only, sorry!

Any idea where I can order it?

Thanks

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada

Nice review. Thanks. I can't read Italian but Google translate does a pretty good job: link

Greg

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Has anyone seen where these can be ordered or shipped to the USA? I emailed Kavaj, but haven't heard back yet.

Unavailable in the USA for now. Below is the response I received when I emailed them. Bummer.

-------------

Hi,*

Thanks for your E-Mail and your interest in our products.*

Unfortunately, the cases are not yet available in the USA. We keep you posted, once we will sell our cases in the US.

Best,
Kai

Tissie

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012

Thanks for the review :) It sure seems like a nice case, but the protection it offers may be limited.

alamperti

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Italy
@Toddfather: it's currently available via Amazon european circuit (uk, de, it)
@greg555: thanks for the translation link, my English was on sale (lite version) :)
@Tissie: the Berlin cover is very thin and sleek, I confirm it offers basic protection only.

Ciao, Alex

bajaracing

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
I sure wich I could buy a black London version. Best looking, functional business case I've seen yet!

andgosun

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Pryor Oklahoma
Future release in process

These will be available the end of November. Preorder now thru Amazon. I like that it is Genuine Leather and keeps the slim lines of the ipad mini. I will post when I get my hands on one and get to put it to actual use.:)

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
How sturdy is this case. I am trying to decide between the switcheasy Canvas and this one.

Can anyone offer some insights? which is lighter?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
This is a case constructed like the Sena case, it is super sturdy but I don't expect it to be - it's a "special occasion case" for business meetings et al. I love the color. Nice case. Need to lose the logo on the front.

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
How is the ipad version? Do the borders stay down when the iPad is pushed in there?

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
How is the ipad version? Do the borders stay down when the iPad is pushed in there?

I have the Kavaj Hamburg for my iPad 3 and it is a stunning case. Beautiful case, superb fit, and multifunctional as well. I would highly recommend it for the full sized iPad.

However, I cannot say the same for the Kavaj Berlin for the iPad Mini. I have the black case on the white iPad Mini. It is ill-fitting and does not display the bezel in an even way. I'm sending it back. I'm very disappointed in view of my very positive experience with the Kavaj Hamburg.

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
I have the Kavaj Hamburg for my iPad 3 and it is a stunning case. Beautiful case, superb fit, and multifunctional as well. I would highly recommend it for the full sized iPad.

However, I cannot say the same for the Kavaj Berlin for the iPad Mini. I have the black case on the white iPad Mini. It is ill-fitting and does not display the bezel in an even way. I'm sending it back. I'm very disappointed in view of my very positive experience with the Kavaj Hamburg.

How sturdy is it when using the leather strip stand on an uneven surface, say when watching movies in bed?

I have just received the Berlin for the iPad 3/4 as I assumed that I would not need the Hamburg's leather strip stand as it looks like it will only keep the iPad up when using on a flat surface; is this the case with the Hamburg? If not, then I may swap it out.

I am happy with the Berlin, but it isn't 100% stable when watching movies in bed due to the narrowness of the stand (although I have to say it is wider and more stable than the smart cover).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.