Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlecEdworthy

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Leicestershire, UK
However, I cannot say the same for the Kavaj Berlin for the iPad Mini. I have the black case on the white iPad Mini. It is ill-fitting and does not display the bezel in an even way.
I have the Berlin for the iPad mini and mine fits perfectly, no slackness or ill-fitting edges. I have the black case on the black iPad mini and it looks wonderful to me.

Alec

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I have the Berlin for the iPad mini and mine fits perfectly, no slackness or ill-fitting edges. I have the black case on the black iPad mini and it looks wonderful to me.

Alec

It's obvious that the mini cases went through no/inconsistent quality control since half the reviewers say they are awesome whereas the other half (including me) received ones where the holes don't lineup, the bezel frame is warped, has splotches in the leather - and I'm not talking about the normal variations you see in real leather - looks like gouges that happened after the leather was finished that someone tried to touch up with a black sharpie.

Again, it's notable that within the first few days of people receiving their mini cases from Amazon in the US, they were pulled from sale. According to Kavaj's Facebook page, while there is no reason given - they don't expect to have these for sale again for another several weeks. Leads me to believe they had to make a manufacturing change due to a high number of returns.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Yep. I got a Kavaj Berlin, black, for my mini today. Case is okay feel wise, but fatally flawed - it's so tight in the top right corner I can't depress the power button at all. Very rarely it works, and the case is so tight it keeps the button press bringing up the "slide to power off" screen. Returning :(

Last edited:

cman-uk

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2009

Alec

Are you able to post any pictures please?
Don't think I've seen a black iPad in a black KAVAJ case - and am considering it myself (albeit for the iPad4).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.