Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
For anyone who's gotten this...does the plastic "wrap" on it help keep it from sliding around on a slick finish?

The catch I've found with a lot of these very lightweight keyboards is the tendency for them to easily shift position when typing while on a glass or polished surface. I was using my Logitech Ultrathin for the Mini yesterday, and the movement of the keyboard was driving me nuts. (Yes, I'm easily distracted. :D)

If the Keys To Go stays put while in use, that would be reason enough for me to buy it.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
For anyone who's gotten this...does the plastic "wrap" on it help keep it from sliding around on a slick finish?

The catch I've found with a lot of these very lightweight keyboards is the tendency for them to easily shift position when typing while on a glass or polished surface. I was using my Logitech Ultrathin for the Mini yesterday, and the movement of the keyboard was driving me nuts. (Yes, I'm easily distracted. :D)

If the Keys To Go stays put while in use, that would be reason enough for me to buy it.

Just got mine today... The bottom feels a lot like the Smart Cover. It's not slick, but not much grip either.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Just got mine today... The bottom feels a lot like the Smart Cover. It's not slick, but not much grip either.

Thanks! I'll probably end up getting one sometime soon. Just wish it was on display somewhere so I could go take a look at it first; none of my local Best Buys have it in stock yet.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Any new updates? I'm thinking of picking one up, but haven't really looked at what else is available either. Want a keyboard, not a case with keyboard.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Any new updates? I'm thinking of picking one up, but haven't really looked at what else is available either. Want a keyboard, not a case with keyboard.

I picked one up at the Apple Store yesterday but wasn't overly impressed. I couldn't type very quickly on it compared to a standard keyboard and consistently missed keys from not pressing down enough. Probably will return it next week.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I picked one up at the Apple Store yesterday but wasn't overly impressed. I couldn't type very quickly on it compared to a standard keyboard and consistently missed keys from not pressing down enough. Probably will return it next week.

Thanks for the info. I think I might just get an Apple BT Keyboard. I like the idea of special iOS keys though, are those actually really useful? I haven't used or seen one with them before.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Thanks for the info. I think I might just get an Apple BT Keyboard. I like the idea of special iOS keys though, are those actually really useful? I haven't used or seen one with them before.

Usually when I am using an external keyboard with an iPad, I'm busy typing so I don't know if I would use the IOS specific keys very much.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Usually when I am using an external keyboard with an iPad, I'm busy typing so I don't know if I would use the IOS specific keys very much.

Makes sense. I might end up being the same way. But I do spreadsheets a lot, so I thought copy/cut/paste buttons would be great. Or do std keyboard shortcuts work on a regular keyboard in iOS?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Since I won't use it a whole lot anyway, I ordered the Amazon Basics iPad Keyboard for $25

matraco

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
I tried the other day the surface 3 keyboard and i really liked it. Is this logitech keyboard close to it in tactile feedback etc.?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I tried the other day the surface 3 keyboard and i really liked it. Is this logitech keyboard close to it in tactile feedback etc.?

That's what I was hoping for in a keyboard also, I like the Surface keyboard too.

For anyone looking for a keyboard, but not like the Keys To Go or Surface keyboard, Costco has the Logitech Ultra Thin Keyboard for $30 right now. Seems like a pretty good deal.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
That's what I was hoping for in a keyboard also, I like the Surface keyboard too.

For anyone looking for a keyboard, but not like the Keys To Go or Surface keyboard, Costco has the Logitech Ultra Thin Keyboard for $30 right now. Seems like a pretty good deal.

That's about what I paid for my refurb Ultrathin for the Mini. Excellent deal!

I'm still eyeing the Keys To Go, but I think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit. Or at least for it to hit Amazon so I can use my rewards points for it. Paying $80 at Best Buy just doesn't appeal when I already have two functional BT keyboards to use. :D

jryu90

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2013
Washington, D.C. Metro Area
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/keys-to-go-ipad

I'm thinking about going for this keyboard in combo with my Smart Cover as a stand. I don't need a keyboard often and I want to use my Smart Cover rather than a big keyboard cover. It's only available for preorder. Anyone been told when it'll be released?

Go to Best Buy, show them that Logitech's website lists them from $10 cheaper, and they should price match it for you. I did the same when I went to go buy the Logitech Ultrathin for the iPad Air 2. Logitech has them for $89, while Best Buy has them for $99. I told them to their pricing was incorrect and showed them Logitech's price on my phone and they marked it back down.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone compare the Logitech Ultrathin to the Zaggkeys Cover? Target had the Zagg on clearance for $30 so I grabbed it. I'm not sure which to keep, thought I'd ask before opening the Zagg.

jryu90

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2013
Washington, D.C. Metro Area
From my experience, Logitech has far superior keyboards compared to ZAGG's offerings. I tested out the Logitech Ultrathin, Logitech Type+ and ZAGG Slim Book and found that Logitech's offerings had the best keyboards in terms of input feel and overall responsiveness. ZAGG keyboards have smaller keys, with larger spaces in between, and often require firmer keystrokes for proper input, which I found to be frustrating when typing at a rapid pace. The only benefit I found from ZAGG was the backlit option, which I didn't find myself missing all that much, since I usually use my keyboard in well-lit environments.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
From my experience, Logitech has far superior keyboards compared to ZAGG's offerings. I tested out the Logitech Ultrathin, Logitech Type+ and ZAGG Slim Book and found that Logitech's offerings had the best keyboards in terms of input feel and overall responsiveness. ZAGG keyboards have smaller keys, with larger spaces in between, and often require firmer keystrokes for proper input, which I found to be frustrating when typing at a rapid pace. The only benefit I found from ZAGG was the backlit option, which I didn't find myself missing all that much, since I usually use my keyboard in well-lit environments.

Thanks for the info. I likes the backlight too, but not sure I'd need or use it anyway. I guess I was thinking it's normally more money that it must be better. But maybe I'll stick with the Logitech. Or, I'm leaning towards just buying an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Thanks for the info. I likes the backlight too, but not sure I'd need or use it anyway. I guess I was thinking it's normally more money that it must be better. But maybe I'll stick with the Logitech. Or, I'm leaning towards just buying an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I just don't like the weight of the Apple Wireless, now that so many lighter weight options are out there. It's a great desktop keyboard, but I hauled it to Starbucks last week in the Incase Origami wrap & stand I'd bought for it back in the iPad 1 days, and it was just too much weight on top of the rest of the stuff I was carrying. At that point, I'd almost prefer a laptop.

My .02--if you're never traveling with it, or if the weight doesn't bother you, it's an excellent keyboard. For me, I'm still leaning towards the Keys To Go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.