Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
That's just insane. Here it's like 8-3. That's an extremely big difference.
Here's the full break-down of the school schedule :(

1630368327370.png

• Wow
Reactions: that be me

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I’m shocked at the comments supporting this. May your wishes come true and you get to live in a country like China. You’ll love it. I just hope you don’t drag the rest of us.

Most of us live in the U.S., which has been a “country like China” for quite a while now. 60% of Americans believe unvaccinated people (for Covid) shouldn’t be allowed to buy groceries.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Heh. Many mobile games are designed so that players have to login every day, even just for 10 min to do their so-called “daily quests”. Only allowing weekend play for up to an hour means those games can’t be played properly. Other games? Oh well, I don’t believe those kids would be interested playing mini metro or monument valley or other games like that.

So, in practice, this rule bans kids from playing games. Can’t wait to see those kids playing games unend during universities thanks to this rule, or they just want to kill off part of gaming industry in China.

GOOD. Those games were designed to be addictive. Good riddance.

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009

Kids and Teens in China Banned From Playing Online Video Games for More Than 3 Hours Per Week Or 3 Hours Per Day?​

Yikes! China is definitely not playing any games.

Even the school times are ridiculous in China.

View attachment 1825386
School day in most US states is 8:15-2:15ish for elementary and 8-3ish for higher grades with 30-40 min for lunch. Mid-August to early June or first week September to late June. 12 years required.

So… it’s about the same taken in total. Except the outside tutoring and summer camps to pre-learn your subjects to get good grades because then it’s all review. That does happen in the USA too, but almost entirely among first generation Asian-American students.

macsareveryinteresting

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2020
Colorado Springs
I agree with China. Even adults are addicted and put their iPads in auto-raise mode during dinner.
I use to play video games as a kid but also going out. Today all kids are socially retarded.
Shame!
As a Preteen, I honestly don't care for video games that much. They seem like a waste of time to me. You could be doing productive things or exploring the real world around you.

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Hah, China has a field day cracking down on everything right now, just like in the old days…

But in contrast to the reckless political campaigns from before, this has some merit to it. If China's young generation becomes too sedentary, too effeminate, too obese, too dumb, too dependent on sugar water, they will just turn into fat brats doing what they want without respect for others and of no use for society.

This is why China will have the edge over an America in free fall, this is why China will prevail.

Is it the role of the government to foster and educate the citizens? Not in America, but it has been done in China for thousands of years. It is confucianism in practice.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Better than the radical left the west has got, at least there people are in check and dont go every day protesting nonsense
For sure, one day radical lefts will destroy Western civilization if radical rights don't do it before them but dictatorship like China will eventually end up being self-destruct. All the West needs is to have balance (which currently they didn't have admittedly).

Reactions: Kylo83

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Hah, China has a field day cracking down on everything right now, just like in the old days…

But in contrast to the reckless political campaigns from before, this has some merit to it. If China's young generation becomes too sedentary, too effeminate, too obese, too dumb, too dependent on sugar water, they will just turn into fat brats doing what they want without respect for others and of no use for society.

Hmm, this sounds familiar.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
GOOD. Those games were designed to be addictive. Good riddance.
Sure sure sure. Much like some other things, instead of teaching kids to deal with them responsibly, they just ban them. Then, as soon as they enter university, nothing horrible would happen for sure.

Reactions: KeithBN

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
You could label games as harmful products. The government controls that sort of thing.

Imagine in the future science deduces that this is in fact true, then who is the bad guy? We all are in agreement that there's some truth here, even to the extent of mass shootings. Are we going to be in denial about this, like global warming?

It's all pretty scary.

• Haha
Reactions: 0924487

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
I don’t mean this in anyway hateful but this is the truth in the west kids now don’t know if they are a boy or a girl or both, and kids are feeling guilty of being a certain skin colour and in China kids are very smart and skilled, the system in the west isn’t working the woke pc culture is damaging kids, there has to be a line with the people in power to look after it’s people and as much as I love freedom I think sometimes things should change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.