Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tarzan056

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
Hi,
I am currently looking for a second hand iMac(new ones too expensive) to edit footage from my new Lumix GH4R camera using DaVinci Resolve. I have seen one on sale with these specs, will this comfortably do the job? (Its a 2.5K screen but once I can edit 4K thats ok)

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Mac OS X El Capitan - Version 10.11.6

DISPLAY:
27-inch LED-backlit IPS display, 2560x1440 resolution (2.5K).

PROCESSOR:
3.5GHz Intel core i7 Quad core (Turbo boost to 3.9GHz).

MEMORY:
8GB (Two 4GB sticks) 1600Mhz RAM, upgradeable to 16GB or 32GB.

STORAGE:
3TB Fusion Drive (Combination of SSD and HDD mixed together) with very fast read and write speeds.

128GB SSD used for booting.

GRAPHICS:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB Video Card.

VIDEO SUPPORT:
FaceTime HD Camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
Support for Target Display Mode via the Thunderbolt port using a Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)

AUDIO:
Stereo Speakers
Dual Microphones
Headphone Port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone

CONNECTIONS & EXPANSION
SDXC card slot
Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
Two Thunderbolt ports
Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Kensington lock slot

WIRELESS:
Wi-Fi
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible

Bluetooth
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

This machine is in perfect working order with 0 physical/visual damage and 0 internal damage. This Mac has seen at most 40 hours of use. It is in out of box condition. Original packaging is included with shipping box to avoid damages and suff to Apple box. Comes with magic mouse and keyboard. It's simply plug it in, set up a user account and you're all set!

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.