Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
#1, why is this on the main page? If Job's nephew's cousin's roommate gets busted for weed, will that be on the main page, too?

#2, for a man who was very pro-business and lower taxes Jobs sure did keep some interesting company

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I knew she looked familiar!

I thought Steve was a Republican? Or was he secretly a Democrat? :eek: Uh oh, looks like the Republicans won't be buying the iPhone 5!

A democrat. In his bio, Issacson says he spoke with Obama several times, and even offered to do his political ads. But he wasn't too thrilled with Obama, warning him he was on track to a one term presidency. He also wanted Obama to be more business friendly, and was angry at all the excuses Obama would give as to why things couldn't get done.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
MacRumors... more than technology. Lawsuits, gossip, celebrities... if you have an Apple product, we will get you.

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
I knew she looked familiar!

I thought Steve was a Republican? Or was he secretly a Democrat? :eek: Uh oh, looks like the Republicans won't be buying the iPhone 5!

The woman told Steve Jobs she might leap across the dinner table and stab Rupert Murdoch with a steak knife. I think that says it all.

But no, Steve Jobs was not a republican by any stretch, and the Clintons often used his home when they would travel to the west coast.

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
A democrat. In his bio, Issacson says he spoke with Obama several times, and even offered to do his political ads. But he wasn't too thrilled with Obama, warning him he was on track to a one term presidency. He also wanted Obama to be more business friendly, and was angry at all the excuses Obama would give as to why things couldn't get done.

He also made Obama wait 30 minutes to speak with him. Steve was a brilliant mind. But a complete jackass.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Wow.... smart move.... it's Obama who wants to tax the rich even more (Even though they already pay the lion's share of income taxes)... and your husband's estate is worth billions.

Enjoy giving the US Government more of your husband's hard earned money!

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Come on, people! this discussion is supposed to get political! The disclaimer at the end of the article even says so. Anyone have any unsolicited (now solicited) opinions that could start a flame war, or shall we restore a bit of faith in the MacRumors community?

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
He also made Obama wait 30 minutes to speak with him. Steve was a brilliant mind. But a complete jackass.

I thought it was the other way around? I seem to remember something in the book about meeting him at the airport and Steve was pissed because the President wouldn't come to him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.