Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
#2, for a man who was very pro-business and lower taxes Jobs sure did keep some interesting company

The political parties are a conspiracy to keep people right where they are, going nowhere and wasting their energy. All the leadership knows this, as did Steve, his wife, and anyone of real influence.

IbisDoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2010
Come on, people! this discussion is supposed to get political! The disclaimer at the end of the article even says so. Anyone have any unsolicited (now solicited) opinions that could start a flame war, or shall we restore a bit of faith in the MacRumors community?

Laurene is a blatant opportunist, and this site obviously "leans forward".

How's that?

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
Please keep this out of MR. This has nothing to do with any Rumors or Apple at all other than the woman being married to Steve.

In other news, the Jobs family goldfish dies......:rolleyes:

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
Laurene is a blatant opportunist, and this site obviously "leans forward".

How's that?

Ehh, who's to say the Clintons aren't the ones being opportunists?

----------

Please keep this out of MR. This has nothing to do with any Rumors or Apple at all other than the woman being married to Steve. In other news, the Jobs family goldfish dies......:rolleyes:

Seemed to be tech news when their house was recently burglarized.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
He also knows where to store cigars.

What he does in his spare time is his own problem

That guy gave the country the best economy it ever had, and a surplus

I wish I can reelect him instead of the two losers

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
I think it is stupid for the widow of a billionaire to support a candidate who would love nothing more than to tax it more and more!

But it was fine for that billionaire and for this woman when she wasn't a widow before he was dead? I think it's stupid to assume that people should want to hold onto their own money rather than look out for their own country's welfare.

And why would you think this to be stupid of her? Many billionaires and millionaires are willing to pay more taxes and do support this candidate.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
What. People are mad because Steve's wife is a Democrat ?

Waa.Waa. Get over it .

Wow.

I'm glad she is.

No, most people in here are complaining about a political event being on front page when it has nothing to do with Apple other than Steve's wife being at the event.

It only causes arguments.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
I hope Laurene becomes a voice in the political/business/education/liberal arts/tech community like how Steve was. I'm not saying like new product intros and trade shows, but she could have a twitter and do her thing (seems like education and politics are big for her).

She seems genuinely intriguing, a bit reserved, and obviously she must be good people if she loved Steve enough to marry him! :)

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
#1, why is this on the main page? If Job's nephew's cousin's roommate gets busted for weed, will that be on the main page, too?

#2, for a man who was very pro-business and lower taxes Jobs sure did keep some interesting company

#1, Yes, it probably would be.

#2, Steve was a bit of a political schizophrenic. His wife was always a very active liberal, but Steve was not outwardly involved in politics. As a grown up California Hippy it only makes sense that he identified with liberal social politics, but as a businessman he clearly didn't identify with democratic economic policies.

Really I think he was like most modern Americans, socially liberal but fiscally conservative. Sadly, neither political party embodies these sentiments.

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Do I qualify to add a post?

Question is, would Steve Jobs have attended? Maybe Steve also left instruction with Laurene that she must not ask what he would have done.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
It's not the "ability to afford it" that is the problem. It's the principal. Mr. Obama and all of his DEMONcratic cronies need to learn to control spending instead of stealing more money from the people!

"The people" being billionaires and trillionaires?

Again .. I think they can afford it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.