Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Exactly. But as Democrats have no clue how an economy works, we really shouldn't be surprised they are so easily fooled by shallow claims and rhetoric.

As for the bold, precisely, and those same 48% have no desire to start paying a penny. So they'll be voting Democrat.

This is tiresome and untrue. You're talking only of federal income taxes, one of many many taxes people pay. The total tax burden is similar across all income brackets:

Considering all taxes — federal, state, and local — the bottom 20 percent of households pays an average of 16 to 17 percent of their incomes in taxes. The next 20 percent of households pays about 21 percent of income in taxes, on average.

In fact, when all taxes are considered, the share of taxes that each fifth of households pays is similar to its share of the nation’s total income. ITEP data show that in 2011, the bottom fifth of households received 3.4 percent of the total income in the nation and paid 2.1 percent of the total taxes. The middle fifth of households received 11.4 percent of income and paid 10.3 percent of taxes. The top 1 percent of households received 21.0 percent of income and paid 21.6 percent of taxes. The tax system as a whole is only mildly progressive.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3505

olegandbuster25

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
I'm glad. I hope this becomes big news so the republicans hate apple and stop buying apple products. That way, I can completely ignore anyone without an iPhone :D

lmao right cuz steve job's deranged wife has so much to do with the success of apple and the beauty of the iphone

fyi steve didn't care about gov.
period.

----------

I guess it must be hard for you Americans to have a president who actually cares more for the American people than for American corporations and the fistful of American billionaires.

haha wow people from out of the country know so much about our lives and what our great president has done for us. I wish i knew.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
But as Democrats have no clue how an economy works
You want to try again? If you call Democrats clueless and twice as many jobs were created. What do you call Republicans?
"Since 1961 … Our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 million."

AmpSkillz

macrumors regular

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
It's not the "ability to afford it" that is the problem. It's the principal. Mr. Obama and all of his DEMONcratic cronies need to learn to control spending instead of stealing more money from the people!

Such an ignorant comment. Do you have any clue as to how we got to where we are?

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Ha. That's funny, they showed those three women a few times, and I guessed that one of them was the clinton kid, but I wondered who the other two were...

As for the discussion, if you want to grasp economics, spend your free time reading & listening to economists; if you want to get caught up in a dogmatic quasi-religious movement, tune in to the news and listen to politics.

Last edited:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
haha wow people from out of the country know so much about our lives and what our great president has done for us. I wish i knew.

try looking at the facts instead of the lies and ******** and maybe you'd find out. it's pretty clear when you sit down and actually take a look for yourself.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Come on, people! this discussion is supposed to get political! The disclaimer at the end of the article even says so. Anyone have any unsolicited (now solicited) opinions that could start a flame war, or shall we restore a bit of faith in the MacRumors community?

lol...right I thought this would have blown up already.

maybe Clinton speech took alot of the bite out of the tea party fractions

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
How awkward! As a member of the 1% Mrs. Jobs must have felt very uncomfortable surrounded by people whose public position is to hate her. Maybe she getting a Mark Rich tax special - $2 million used to buy a pardon from Bill.

good lord. Democrats don't hate business, how else are they going to afford these fun little toys this site is dedicated too?

C

champ01

There's your American propaganda. Sponsord by Macrumors hehe.
Oeee who you gonna vote for? Isn't it exciting!

America is such a great example for real democracy because you get the change to choose between 2 people who absolutely don't care whether you live or die. Boy that must be such a good feeling. :D

C

champ01

Obama cares.

Why do you think they call it Obamacare?

You mean the word?
Thats logical because it was signed when he was president.
Are the junkies now all healthy and of the streets? Of course not because it thats way more than signing of a new law.
It's all business. Don't take my word for it and please research it.

Saying Obama cares because of Obamacare is implying that he controls America? Presidents don't control a country the people do but if you keep the people dumb enough they might think they need leaders to rule over them.

Obama and Romney both want to save an economy that isn't worth saving.
And you as a voter has no change for a alternative.

if-you-repeat-a-lie-often-enough.jpg

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
It's a shame she's a Democrat.

Clinton made a complete ass off himself. Just wait until that joker Obama makes his speech. :rolleyes:

Clinton did a great job.

You are obviously in the Romney camp, but those that are looking the issues...and trying to make a decision that is best for our country like the message. Especially when put up against the opposition.

Like it or not...it was effective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.