Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2023
The phone is not a microwave oven (obviously), but it is nevertheless a microwave emitter.

23dBm on 4G so what's that 0.2 watts. My microwave is 900 watts as it's a really cheap one so only 4500x as powerful so about 37dB.

cogzero

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2023
[...] Or which phone would be the best with least radiation and work well without 5G turned on.
This one should meet all your requirements:

il_794xN.3495355827_p4xq.jpg

In all seriousness, if radiations are such a concern to you, how can you even entertain the idea of buying a wireless phone? Take care.

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Maybe true for most people but there are those who are so sensitive to electromagnetic radiation that it makes them ill.
Well if that’s the case I feel sorry about them, tho that id argue is a rare condition.

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
while others beat around the bush. here is the info your looking for.

and yes. you should be very worried about this. people have ended up with brain tumors talking on cell phones for a great deal of time. takes years but yes you can develop a brain tumor holding the phone to your ear and face.

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008

and yes. you should be very worried about this. people have ended up with brain tumors talking on cell phones for a great deal of time. takes years but yes you can develop a brain tumor holding the phone to your ear and face.

Please link to the peer reviewed study published in a trustworthy outlet that proves a causational link between cell phone usage and someone developing a brain tumour.

I’ll wait.

In the meantime, stop spouting rubbish that credulous minds might mistake for a contribution of value.

Reactions: Shirasaki

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Everyone says this kind of radiation is non issue but then why France banned wi-fi in kindergartens? Their decision is based on research and findings. You can easily find information about it on google.

Don’f forget that we have only had smartphones in use in this scale for like 10+ years. Long term effects are still to be seen.
If it’s easy, then link it and highlight the findings.

I get so tired of folks claiming this. Folks are living longer in most cases than they ever have. Issues with diet, exercise, and access to medical care have obviously and definitively a greater impact on your health than a phone. So, while some random studies (which realistically cannot -cannot- properly minimize variables over the course of a lifetime) think there may be a small connection, the majority find nothing.

Some people need to feel safe and avoid all risk. Be my guest. But I suspect folks that worry so much about so little are at a higher health risk than those of us who can let something like this go and just live life.

Your final comment proves my point. There cannot be a study showing definitively the long term effects of cell phone usage if we’ve only had 10 years or so of them. Sooo, you worry for fear that someday something may be found. This has been true for other things in the past but a severe minority over the course of human history.

Reactions: MarkX and Shirasaki

nmart1214

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2017

The article you linked says that radiation from phones is likely to not have any effects on your health because of the low amount of non-ionized radiation that is emitted.

Do you read things or do you just copy and paste random links when you want to look smart?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.