Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
X1E isn’t noise free, even with 1.19 BIOS update,
I chose not to update my bios, mostly because I'm very happy with the operation of my laptop. Why mess with success. As for the speakers, yeah they're not the greatest but I can live with them.

Reactions: Queen6 and c0ppo

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I cannot connect my c930 to projectors at school nor my home tv using anker usb-c to hdmi adapter. Somebody in class with x1c6 was able toconnect to the projector and worked fine. Previously x1y3 could connect to same tv using the same adapter. Any reason why doesn't work for c930 yoga?

LindsayD

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2019
England
hajime, I presume you tried all of your USB ports to rule out a problem . The next thing to do is to try a different adapter. As far as I am aware the adaptor you referenced does not work on all USB C devices. I suggest you do some research.

I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to answer the question I asked you earlier. That was simply to give a relative assessment of the fan noise from the X 1 E you had and the C930 on a scale of one to 10. That requires nothing more than your memory and it would probably be quite helpful to others who are wondering the same.

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2017
Western Europe
I cannot connect my c930 to projectors at school nor my home tv using anker usb-c to hdmi adapter. Somebody in class with x1c6 was able toconnect to the projector and worked fine. Previously x1y3 could connect to same tv using the same adapter. Any reason why doesn't work for c930 yoga?

That seems to be an Intel problem. Take a look at the following link. It is about the Yoga 920, but it probably applies to the c930 as well:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...ct-to-any-external-monitor-or-tv/td-p/3903784

Also it does not hurt to try another usb-c to HDMI adapter (Google on an adapter compatible with your Lenovo).

Last edited:

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
That seems to be an Intel problem. Take a look at the following link. It is about the Yoga 920, but it probably applies to the c930 as well:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...ct-to-any-external-monitor-or-tv/td-p/3903784

Also it does not hurt to try another usb-c to HDMI adapter (Google on an adapter compatible with your Lenovo).

Thanks. My work involves uisng a projector all the time. Not being able to connect is a big issue. At least for X1E, it worked all the time.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Thanks. My work involves uisng a projector all the time. Not being able to connect is a big issue. At least for X1E, it worked all the time.

I tried another Yoga C930. It is working fine with different projectors. I got a lemon last time.

Any recommendation on good pouch, protective case and screen protector for this nice computer?

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
My Yoga C930 with 4K screen arrived. Any existing users know any good battery/charger that is lighter than the stock one and perhaps also charge the laptop faster? Any recommended pen to use?

Did your C930 come with a thin sheet of black paper in between the LCD and the keyboard? Do you put on that paper whenever you travel?

It looks like there is a greenish coating on my screen. What about other users?

On my 2nd Yoga C930, there is no greenish coating and the slider for the webcam is easier to slide. I think they have made some improvements internally.

Reactions: navaira

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Has any Yoga C930 users here used Klear spray to clean the screen of the laptop? I got one from Apple store few years ago. I don't know if the coating on the Yoga's screen will react well. What is the recommended way besides using 50% alcohol + 50% water as suggested by Lenovo?

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Take a look at the username of the guy who posted that. ;)

Out of curiosity, what's the trackpad like? Anything near MBP trackpad? I guess it should be almost the same, but never tried hackintoshing any laptop, so I have no idea :)

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Out of curiosity, what's the trackpad like? Anything near MBP trackpad? I guess it should be almost the same, but never tried hackintoshing any laptop, so I have no idea :)

I love the trackpad. Silky smooth.

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hell no. Nowhere near MBP trackpad, sadly. But the only Widows machine I ever tried that had a really good trackpad was... MS Surface. I can't figure out why Wintel makers still haven't found a way to even get close to the Macbook experience.

Reactions: Queen6 and maflynn

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
@navaira

Thx for the response.
I love MBP trackpads, but I use them mostly when just browsing the web and similar stuff. Everything else is keyboard based and of course, mouse. I love keyboard shortcuts, and use them wherever possible, so keyboard is the most important input device for me.

But keep us posted about your hackintosh. I'm really intrigued. It's a shame I can't try it out on my X1E since Apple doesn't play nice with Nvidia.

Reactions: navaira
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.