Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7hiang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2022
Hey! I just thought I would share a desk accessory I've been loving lately!

The BenQ ScreenBar Halo has been fantastic when working at night and the updated wireless controller is so convenient and helps a ton not having to cable manage

What do you guys think of the BenQ ScreenBar Halo?
This is awesome, your setup looks so clean and aesthetic! I'm wondering where the blue ambient light comes from tho.

jacobhonig1

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
I recently got the Benq Screenbar, and I have to say that it makes the perfect addition to the setup. Unlike other monitor lights, the Benq screen bar allows a range of luminance to fit all your preferences and needs. I also love the wireless controller on the desk, as it makes it super easy to adjust the light whenever you need to. I have mine mounted on an Apple Studio Display and it does not block the webcam, which is a huge plus.

Attachments

• DSC05868.jpg
    DSC05868.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: 7hiang

CubeApril

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2022
I have a trio of Elgato Keylights, which are expensive but super nice. They're very easy to control via the Stream Deck, their macOS software -- or, as I use them, via Homebridge.

If you want to go all in, I would highly recommend them. It's not exactly a "desk lamp" setup, but it is a "light up your whole environment without reflections" option. I have it automatically dim and turn yellow as the day goes on.

guymauve

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2023
Hello guys. I plan to buy a benq screenbar to complete my new Imac 24 setup. Could confirm me if the screenbar block the camera ? Thanks a lot.

fraserhare

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
Has anybody used the continuity camera mount along with the BenQ light bar? Not sure if the light bar would block the phone camera?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.