Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Gee, I'm not suggesting to spray that thing all over the band. If I had to do this, I would spray onto a Q-tip and apply it carefully. Still, I wouldn't put any lube on a watch band.

Doesn't matter, whatever it touches it has the potential to destroy the finish. But you'd be minimizing the damage by using a q-tip. Sooner or later all the pins may start squeaking, and I'm not sure how else you'll oil them without lubricating the whole joint and surround area. Don't use WD-40..

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Yes, bracelets for "high end luxury" watches can squeak.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rolexforums.com+squeak&oq=rolexforums.com+squeak

Metal and metal rubbing against each other can have that effect. Either let it break in or put a drop of oil on the parts.

----------

Like I had said on many occasions, just wait until Apple makes a car. People will be complaining that their cars scratch easily, that they have to change oil on the car too often, the tires wear out, and will be buying windshield covers and car wraps.

Don't worry about the scratching. Spidgen are making a case for it. Just like the apple watch case but bigger.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
I have now had my link bracelet since Friday. And I now know exactly what the OP is talking about. I also now know how petty the OP was being when posting this. It's a tiny speaking sound when you close the clasp at speed. If you close it slowly it does not happen. This isn't even a first world problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.